Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 06:43 PM

415 posts, read 607,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdm51 View Post
I guess because I can? I like the environment and service, and yes, spending $40 doesn't really worry me... not sure it's really your business how I spend my money .
As a cosmetologist that chooses to not do hair, all cuts are NOT created equal. There are great cuts, mediocre cuts, and bad cuts. Price isn't always the deciding factor but it is usually indicative of what you'll get... Where the stylist was trained, and whether they have continued improving their craft. $40 is typical of an upscale stylists male cut and typically will be a consistently good to great cut. My husband pays $40 for his too whenever I can't do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2014, 08:00 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,993,530 times
The only reason men pay $40 for a haircut is if the hairdresser is hot. If it is some old lady cutting their hair, no way are they willing to pay that much.
Me? $15 at Great Clips. #2 and #4 razor. Done in 10 minutes.

Old 10-24-2014, 08:04 PM

847 posts, read 1,352,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub1968 View Post
The only reason men pay $40 for a haircut is if the hairdresser is hot. If it is some old lady cutting their hair, no way are they willing to pay that much.
Honey Cuts has mostly attractive women working there and it's still about $15.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:07 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,145,416 times
I don't often pay for haircuts but when I do I go cheap. That's me.

But it makes total sense to me if someone enjoys the experience of going to a higher-end salon type place for the atmosphere, class, better cut, and even a more attractive/intelligent stylist (or just one that they particularly like.)

I can see why someone would be fine with paying more for a more pleasant experience. It's similar to why sometimes I'm absolutely fine with paying Harris-Teeter/Publix prices for the pleasure of not going into WalMart.

People value different things. And that's okay. Really.

Old 10-25-2014, 12:36 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,920,209 times
I pay $18 at a real barber shop in either Davidson or Mooresville (including tip).

I let my kid go to Great Clips since haircut quality is of no issue to him.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:08 PM

415 posts, read 607,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub1968 View Post
That may have some truth since most upscale salons hire stylish cute or pretty hairdressers. I know I'm hot and I'd only work at an upscale place if I were to do hair again. Half teasing

Old 10-27-2014, 12:13 PM

363 posts, read 445,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metairie View Post
That may have some truth since most upscale salons hire stylish cute or pretty hairdressers. I know I'm hot and I'd only work at an upscale place if I were to do hair again. Half teasing
I mean as a man, id say it sure doesn't hurt. But I'm not trying to take home my hair stylist. I notice a difference when I go to E&J rather than great clips. I don't have a complicated hair cut, but its amazing how often it would get screwed up.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:51 AM

6 posts, read 5,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
I pay $18 at a real barber shop in either Davidson or Mooresville (including tip).

Would you mind sharing the name of your barber? We are moving to the Mooresville area next summer and it would be great to find a good place right off the bat instead using trial and error.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:55 AM

847 posts, read 1,352,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post

I would so love to go to a barber and get a real straight razor shave. Do they still do that? I live in Mooresville as well. Please share.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:30 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,920,209 times
The two barber shops I use are:

Marketplace Barber Shop
151 Market Place Dr, Mooresville, NC 28117
(the Shops at Morrison Plantation)

Raeford's Barber Shop
206 S Main St, Davidson, NC 28036
(in the same building as Ben & Jerry's)

Both shops use a razor for your neck area. Marketplace Barbers use a hot towel before the shave which really feels good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte