Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 05:16 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,553,334 times

Advertisements

Convicted felon Patrick Cannon's apparent vote stirs up trouble | CharlotteObserver.com

The definition of a liberal left wing narcissist.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 06:05 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,654,949 times
How more high-profile can you get in the pool of those not eligible to vote - and he managed to do it. I would think that the number of those "below-the-radar" that manage to evade voting regulations are significant - and if not, are at least symbolic of a broken system.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:27 AM

207 posts, read 354,962 times
His vote was challenged at the polling place , according to the CO, and will disappear after process completes. System functions as normal. Cannon, however, is abnormal. The stupidest people are those who are most unaware of their incompetence.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:36 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc48 View Post
....System functions as normal. ....
The Observer did not say that.

Cannon was allowed to early vote. He was not prevented from doing so. His vote is challenged now because of the notoriety brought on by the press having discovered it. The BOE has not removed him from the rolls.

There is something terribly wrong with a system that allowed that and for people who are making every excuse for Cannon.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:29 AM

564 posts, read 1,455,065 times
Another mark on his outstanding character. It totally shows his complete disregard for the system and the law. He should be in prison now. He should not have any luxuries of preparation.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:41 AM

207 posts, read 354,962 times
"Cannon’s vote was not counted Tuesday night after election officials at the former mayor’s home precinct filed a formal challenge. The county’s Board of Elections will decide within 10 days whether the ballot will be thrown out or added to the county’s final tally."-Charlotte Observer. The vote was challenged at the voting precinct, just as I said.
[LEFT]
Read more here: Convicted felon Patrick Cannon's apparent vote stirs up trouble | CharlotteObserver.com
[/LEFT]

Old 11-05-2014, 08:43 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc48 View Post
"Cannon’s vote was not counted Tuesday night after election officials at the former mayor’s home precinct filed a formal challenge....
My information came from that article. Early voting ended last week when Cannon voted. Cannon was allowed to vote. Cannon's vote was challenged AFTER the news came out about him. If not, it would have been counted because the remains eligible to vote in Mecklenburg county.

Cannon should have never been given a ballot in the first place. The system is broken when a convicted felon can come in and place a vote.

Old 11-05-2014, 10:06 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,394,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The Observer did not say that.

Cannon was allowed to early vote. He was not prevented from doing so. His vote is challenged now because of the notoriety brought on by the press having discovered it. The BOE has not removed him from the rolls.

There is something terribly wrong with a system that allowed that and for people who are making every excuse for Cannon.
Hmm, I guess there is voter fraud out there ...kind of discounts the party line of the opponents of voter ID..

Old 11-05-2014, 10:12 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,633,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
Hmm, I guess there is voter fraud out there ...kind of discounts the party line of the opponents of voter ID..

How? Did someone impersonate Cannon? NO? Would his ID say that he was a convicted felon? NO.

As for Waldo Kitty, the polling officials did their job. They can't refuse to let someone vote if the record doesn't reflect the change in their voting status. They reported it as they should have and now it is in the hands of the board of elections. The system worked exactly as it should.

Old 11-05-2014, 10:37 AM

1,453 posts, read 5,151,154 times
A few years ago I called the BOE in Charlotte and asked about registering to vote. ( I was already registered but was trying to find out for myself what the requirements are). The lady on the phone said for me to just come down to the BOE and register. I asked what ID I need to bring and she said no ID required. I asked how do I prove that I'm a citizen. She snickered and said, we'll there's a little box on the form that you check to state that you are a citizen, but we don't verifiy it. No drivers' license, no social security card, no picture ID of any kind; just come on down!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte