Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 06:25 AM

1,863 posts, read 4,297,652 times

Advertisements

Are there any protests around town? I haven't heard anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2014, 06:43 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
Are there any protests around town? I haven't heard anything.
As of the 11 pm news there were 4 people standing on the corner of Trade and Tryon peacefully protesting - oh the horror!!

Old 11-25-2014, 07:30 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Looks like it (march, protest, riots, melee, whatever or nothing) will be tonight. They claim 1000s will be here tonight.

Protests planned in Charlotte after Ferguson decision - Charlotte Business Journal

Thousands to rally in Charlotte after grand jury's decision in F - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

NAACP, a group related to Al Sharpton, and Ignite NC are involved.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:56 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,543,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
Ciaos unfolding right now on what I predicted! I hope we are ready.
I say break out the robocop gear once the first person jay-walks...

Old 11-25-2014, 01:49 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,358,870 times
Charlotte is not Ferguson. And I pray it will never be Ferguson. Hopefully people that need to protest will do so peacefully, and we can move on to being the good, solid city we are.

Old 11-25-2014, 04:13 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
As much as the local TV media, like the national media is trying to drum up more controversy, looks like the protests in Charlotte amount to little more than a few dozen chanting "Hands Up Don't Shoot" or is is "Pants Up Don't Loot". Can't keep the two sides straight.

99.999% of the USA isn't involved in this and that includes Charlotte, it seems.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:03 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,583,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
As much as the local TV media, like the national media is trying to drum up more controversy, looks like the protests in Charlotte amount to little more than a few dozen chanting "Hands Up Don't Shoot" or is is "Pants Up Don't Loot". Can't keep the two sides straight.

99.999% of the USA isn't involved in this and that includes Charlotte, it seems.
i don't understand the protesters saying hands up don't shoot. Its been proven he didn't have his hands up. There is zero reason at all for a charlotte protest. If people in charlotte wanted to protest, they should have protested in droves when that young man was killed off harris last year.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:13 PM

571 posts, read 714,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub1968 View Post
I would agree with this, but a lot of officers are also power trippers. What they don't get paid with in money, they take it by lording their power over the citizens.

This is a classic example - I'm sure this guy doesn't make $150 k a year, yet probably goes on a power trip every day when he goes to work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZa0N79HU2Q
Unfortunately, this is true. I know there are good cops out there, but there are also a lot who are complete jerks. I had one pull me over one night. I wasn't speeding or anything. He just decided to harass me because it was late at night and I had left a bar. He first accused me of drunk driving and asked me to walk a straight line. That was a simple task because all I had had to drink was water. So having failed at that, he started looking for some other reason to charge me. What he came up with was that he thought my car registration had expired and went to his car and wrote up a ticket. I didn't know what he was doing, I just sat waiting in my car for the longest time. Then he comes back and presents me with a ticket for expired registration, at which point I showed him the document in my driver's side window (where it was supposed to be) showing that I had been granted an extension by the state on renewing my registration, so it wasn't expired after all. That made him really pissed and he started yelling at me.

Another time, I was living in a condo. The back side faced an alley. One morning I heard a bunch of commotion and looked out the window and saw three cops in the alley brutally beating a guy who was on the ground, face down and couldn't even move. They kept going at him for no apparent reason. I wish I had had a camera, I would have reporting these cops. And incidentally, the guy they were beating was white.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:45 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,651,283 times
"A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time. When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied, The one I feed the most.” ― George Bernard Shaw

The same can be said of our Country as a whole. With most of conventional and (anti)social media regularly seeming to feed the "mean dog" regardless of the issue, it is little wonder that it is the dominant one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte