Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2014, 01:54 PM

2 posts, read 2,037 times

Advertisements

My partner just found a great deal on land in Steele Creek, however, I'd still like to look into other areas, North or West of Charlotte, preferably farther away from the city center; although I won't completely turn down a good place south of Charlotte. He and I have considered Gastonia, Hickory, Statesville, Lincolnton, Mooresville, Salisbury, and Shelby. Including Steele Creek, how safe are these areas? What's the commute to downtown Charlotte like from these locations? How about a commute to UNC? We'll have to drive there too, for grad school for about a year and a few months. What are our chances of finding land in these areas where we can build a 4 bedroom 4 bathroom contemporary home in? I'd personally prefer a place outside of the city that's very family oriented, offers close access to parks or places where we can enjoy outdoor activities, and has a very low crime rate. Because we need to qualify for in state tuition at UNC, we can't consider places in South Carolina. Also, we're looking to buy land that's $90,000 or less with a minimum of 2 acres of space. If you know of any other places that closely fit our needs, please let me know. Thank you all so much in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2014, 03:38 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_2014 View Post
My partner just found a great deal on land in Steele Creek, however, I'd still like to look into other areas, North or West of Charlotte, preferably farther away from the city center; although I won't completely turn down a good place south of Charlotte. He and I have considered Gastonia, Hickory, Statesville, Lincolnton, Mooresville, Salisbury, and Shelby. Including Steele Creek, how safe are these areas? What's the commute to downtown Charlotte like from these locations? How about a commute to UNC? We'll have to drive there too, for grad school for about a year and a few months. What are our chances of finding land in these areas where we can build a 4 bedroom 4 bathroom contemporary home in? I'd personally prefer a place outside of the city that's very family oriented, offers close access to parks or places where we can enjoy outdoor activities, and has a very low crime rate. Because we need to qualify for in state tuition at UNC, we can't consider places in South Carolina. Also, we're looking to buy land that's $90,000 or less with a minimum of 2 acres of space. If you know of any other places that closely fit our needs, please let me know. Thank you all so much in advance!

You don't want the commute from Shelby. It's too far. Kings Mountain is between Gastonia & Shelby. It is commuteable to Uptown Charlotte.

Local high school graduates commute to UNCC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte