Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2015, 07:10 PM

105 posts, read 117,329 times

Advertisements

I've noticed that alot of younger people(younger 20's to mid 30's) who are natives to NC and the Charlotte Metro itself adore and love Charlotte. Many of us want Charlotte to grow and become a City that many people can love and offer an attractive lifestyle for those from all back grounds. The Charlotte Metro is huge to say the least, Charlotte alone is the 2nd largest city in the SouthE. There is Enough room for many people to find what they want here. Charlotte is a Young City that is Growing at a Fast Pace so The people of Charlotte have the opportunity to turn it into a great City that Don't have the economic and social woes of Larger Cities like NYC, LA, or even Houston or Atlanta. Charlotte has the unique chance to show America how The future of Urban cities can operate. for Instance Establishing programs to help everyday people start their own businesses contributing to their local neighborhood economies. Or Creating an Public education System that actually teaches children the ability to think and give them a worthwhile education. Like teaching them Logic (Philosophy and cognitive thinking), Finance, teaching them how the government works and run, teach them how to start a Business. Teach them things that can be beneficial to them, not having an education system that only focuses on useless testing. Lots of people say that Charlotte has no culture, but that isnt exactly true. How i see it, it seams that Charlotte is in love with Art. I would think that Charlotte would do more to invest in The Arts. like Dance Programs,Music, Drama, Culinary art, and Classical Art. I would think that the City would be pouring money into these types of programs in their high schools and Community centers. They could start programs to help talented local and domestic Chefs start their own restaurants. Charlotte Looks to have a Small Art and Food scene but why isnt it investing in it or pushing to make it better? I have Been reading this Charlotte Forum for a while. I have come to the conclusion That Many of the millennials and some baby boomers. want Charlotte to become a more inclusive, innovative, and diverse urban Metro. But a lot of those Traditional Conservative Whites live in Charlotte and want it to stay a city populated mostly by White Conservatives. I have read many Threads that talk about Progress in Charlotte and making it a better place for younger people and people of Diverse Ethnic backgrounds. But there are alot of people on in this Forum who say in a round about way that they dont want more people different racial backgrounds coming to Charlotte they dont want them here. Which is both sad and not surprising considering that Charlotte is a Southern City.

I Hope to see Charlotte Become a more Diverse and Urban Metro in the next 10-15 years. I hope The City Planners can get a leader that can make Charlotte a Model City. I hope for this because i Love Charlotte and i wish to see it do well going ahead. I hope it doesn't become a place of poor planning where there is a huge wage gap and standard of living between people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 08:05 PM

106 posts, read 148,970 times
You're doing alright. I believe Charlotte is doing alright. Don't let the angry people on these boards discourage you.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:32 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
a lot of people on this forum never set foot in Charlotte.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:59 AM

1,985 posts, read 2,070,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaquancs View Post
I have Been reading this Charlotte Forum for a while. I have come to the conclusion That Many of the millennials and some baby boomers. want Charlotte to become a more inclusive, innovative, and diverse urban Metro. But a lot of those Traditional Conservative Whites live in Charlotte and want it to stay a city populated mostly by White Conservatives. I have read many Threads that talk about Progress in Charlotte and making it a better place for younger people and people of Diverse Ethnic backgrounds. But there are alot of people on in this Forum who say in a round about way that they dont want more people different racial backgrounds coming to Charlotte they dont want them here. Which is both sad and not surprising considering that Charlotte is a Southern City.

I Hope to see Charlotte Become a more Diverse and Urban Metro in the next 10-15 years. I hope The City Planners can get a leader that can make Charlotte a Model City. I hope for this because i Love Charlotte and i wish to see it do well going ahead. I hope it doesn't become a place of poor planning where there is a huge wage gap and standard of living between people.

Be careful making conclusions based on message board opinions. Typically, people with intolerant, strong opinions are more active in channels such as these, and the reality is people are more tolerant and accepting on the whole than you would think if you just read message boards.

I think there are more people (black/white/affluent/traditional/progressive/poor) that want Charlotte to be prosperous and diverse than there are people that want it to be segregated. The future is bright! Don't let a few nasty opinions get you down!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte