Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2008, 02:22 PM

380 posts, read 1,756,547 times

Advertisements

Anyone know where I can buy flat iron steaks to cook at home? Up in Ohio I could buy them individually packaged at Kroger. They were so good.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 02:52 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
okay, I am a Southerner and I don't know what flat iron steaks are. Is this by any chance a flank steak? Or cubed steak? LOL. How do you prepare it?

Maybe someone from Ohio will know what this is and can help you. But meanwhile, do tell me more about flat iron steaks.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:57 PM

444 posts, read 1,648,674 times
My husband and I have had flat iron steaks at several restaurants around but we really don't know what cut of meat. To satisfy my husbands curiosity, would you please tell me what cut of meat is a flat iron steak ?

Sorry I can't tell you where to buy them in the grocery store.

Good Luck!

Old 01-31-2008, 03:46 PM

70 posts, read 236,542 times
Flat iron steak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

don't know where to get them - another uncommonly named one is a hanger steak - supposedly they are soooooooooo good, the butchers all take them home??

Old 01-31-2008, 04:25 PM

Max N Erma's have flat iron steak and they are delicious! All I know is that they are long and thin and cut on an angle and very tender. My friend up north is a butcher. I am asking him for info. But I looked at them on line and saw I can buy them on Omaha steak site. But I would rather not order them in the mail. Also we used to have a fundraiser at the schools in Ohio and they had marketday.com and you could get them there too. But I don't see a school nearby that has marketday except one in east Charlotte. I don't think it is just an Ohio thing. I am assuming the Max N Ermas down here sell it. I haven't been to one here yet. When I find out what cut of steak this is from my friend I will tell you.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:31 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
ooo Max & Ermas would be good right now.

If you do not have any luck I order frequently from Omaha Steaks and always been happy with my order.

Good luck in your quest.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:00 PM

392 posts, read 1,183,454 times
I cook Flat Irons and have cooked some since moving here, so I had to have found them in the Rock Hill or Fort Mill areas. This being the case, I would have to imagine that someone carries them in Charlotte. Wish I could be more specific... it had to be one of the obvious grocery options... Super Target, Food Lion, Lowe's, HT, or perhaps the Peach Stand (in FM). If I figure it out before someone else posts the answer, I'll be sure to let you know.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:48 PM

Thanks. I have looked at Harris Teeter, Bi Lo, Food Lion. I am still searching for the perfect grocery store down here. I cannot believe how expensive groceries are here. Milk today was almost $5/ga. I used to pay less than $3 just 2 months ago in Ohio. Why is food so much higher here??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte