Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2008, 01:43 PM

797 posts, read 3,295,358 times

Advertisements

I'm in Charlotte and I did a lot of yardwork this weekend. I have huge piles of tree branches and lawn debris. Do I have to make a special call or will they just come pick it up if I put it curbside?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 01:48 PM

716 posts, read 2,158,327 times
Here ya go:

Yard Waste Collection Rules (http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/Solid+Waste/CurbIt/Yard+Waste/Home.htm - broken link)

However, this week, they didn't pick up our grass clippings. We suspect we just had a lazy trash collector... If it happens again next week, we're going to complain.

Last edited by ultraviolet*; 04-22-2008 at 02:49 PM.. Reason: because odd things happen to links here...

Old 04-22-2008, 01:49 PM

672 posts, read 1,831,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travlingrlclt View Post
I'm in Charlotte and I did a lot of yardwork this weekend. I have huge piles of tree branches and lawn debris. Do I have to make a special call or will they just come pick it up if I put it curbside?
It depends. Do you have garbage through the city or do you pay for it? If you have it through the city you can dial 311 and schedule a bulk pick up or you can do it on their website.

Old 04-22-2008, 01:56 PM

797 posts, read 3,295,358 times
We have garbage through the city. Pickup is normally on Monday for us, so is that what day they will automatically come to pick up debris? Is it a different truck than the garbage truck?

Old 04-22-2008, 01:58 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,314,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraviolet* View Post
However, this week, they didn't pick up our grass clippings. We suspect we just had a lazy trash collector... If it happens again next week, we're going to complain.
Either that or the phase of the moon.
It is totally random what gets picked up and what doesn't on our street.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:48 PM

716 posts, read 2,158,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Either that or the phase of the moon.
It is totally random what gets picked up and what doesn't on our street.
Isn't that odd? Although, we weekly watch the people across the street try to "get away with" things that aren't in the rules I posted above, and week after week, the trash collectors won't take it. Multiple trash bags next to the can, giant folded (not cut) pieces of cardboard, tree limbs in a big cardboard box...

I'd provide them with the proper information, but then where would I get my weekly entertainment?

Old 04-22-2008, 02:57 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,314,433 times
Quote:
I'd provide them with the proper information, but then where would I get my weekly entertainment?
HAHA tree limbs in a box are not going anywhere.

Most on our street have ponied up for a second roll-out bin, and what does not get picked up we share space in our bins to keep the street clean.
Isn't that neighborly! Obviously this is impossible with a plethora of yard debris or cuttings.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:02 PM

755 posts, read 2,493,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
HAHA tree limbs in a box are not going anywhere.

Most on our street have ponied up for a second roll-out bin, and what does not get picked up we share space in our bins to keep the street clean.
Isn't that neighborly! Obviously this is impossible with a plethora of yard debris or cuttings.
We ponied up for a second bin and our neighbors helped themselves to it when our house was on the market but we weren't living there. I mean, they didn't just use it from time to time, they TOOK it and put it in their yard. I had to go searching for my garbage can when it came time to move out.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:13 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,981,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedydidi View Post
We ponied up for a second bin and our neighbors helped themselves to it when our house was on the market but we weren't living there. I mean, they didn't just use it from time to time, they TOOK it and put it in their yard. I had to go searching for my garbage can when it came time to move out.
I guess You have to buy a second trash can? What if the truck breaks yours while emptying it? Anyone know about that? Thank You ,in advance,for the help.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:00 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,981,931 times
Quote:
Isn't that odd? Although, we weekly watch the people across the street try to "get away with" things that aren't in the rules I posted above, and week after week, the trash collectors won't take it. Multiple trash bags next to the can, giant folded (not cut) pieces of cardboard, tree limbs in a big cardboard box...

Well, UV you can always come here and be entertained. I've put my sticks in brown bags and boxes and folded my cardboard (very neatly, though), only to have it left by my curb. Thank you for the link above because I was starting to get a complex. I'll follow these rules for sure, but my new neighbors may have to find new entertainment on Tuesday mornings. LOL
Thanx, again. for the link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: