Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2008, 03:12 PM

4 posts, read 12,467 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We are looking to rent a house in Wingate and the middle school in East Union and the High School is Forest Hills.

I would like to know the level of discipline in these schools as well as behavior of the kids and what people who have children in these school think about these schools. Any info would be greatly appreciated in our decison! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 03:25 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,537,449 times
East Union Student Behavior

Forest Hill Student Behavior

you can click on other tabs for different performances.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:56 PM

529 posts, read 1,979,781 times
I will try this again as to not sound like a "chat room". I would love to help you, as I have a lot of information about this school. It is a place that is dear to me. (this is not the same Winget as the earlier forum BTW) I sent you a DM.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:08 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddeaver View Post
Hi,

We are looking to rent a house in Wingate and the middle school in East Union and the High School is Forest Hills.

I would like to know the level of discipline in these schools as well as behavior of the kids and what people who have children in these school think about these schools. Any info would be greatly appreciated in our decison! Thanks!
No first hand experience, but I can tell you they have good reputations and GREAT football programs

Old 08-07-2008, 11:17 AM

2 posts, read 7,160 times
Thumbs down Winget Park Elementary

This school is horrible. Teachers are great but they are only apart of it. The people on the PTA and school leadership, especially the presidents and vice-presidents and so called parent members do nothing for the school. The principal and the school teachers are pretty much on their own. It is a complete atrocity!! It is like it is a popularity contest for them. As well as the leadership team. They do not want to hear ideas from anyone outside of their group and I have tried numerous times as well as others. Now little kids are bringing knives to school. How long have they been open.....2 years? Including myself a lot of people have already pulled their kids. You may feel differently but at least you know that their are a lot of concerns with this school. Maybe with some years to come they will hopefully get A LOT better.Lake Wylie is a much better school all around. Sarah

Old 08-07-2008, 12:31 PM

62 posts, read 146,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjonez79 View Post
This school is horrible. Teachers are great but they are only apart of it. The people on the PTA and school leadership, especially the presidents and vice-presidents and so called parent members do nothing for the school. The principal and the school teachers are pretty much on their own. It is a complete atrocity!! It is like it is a popularity contest for them. As well as the leadership team. They do not want to hear ideas from anyone outside of their group and I have tried numerous times as well as others. Now little kids are bringing knives to school. How long have they been open.....2 years? Including myself a lot of people have already pulled their kids. You may feel differently but at least you know that their are a lot of concerns with this school. Maybe with some years to come they will hopefully get A LOT better.Lake Wylie is a much better school all around. Sarah
mrsjonez, you need to re-read the topic of the post. It was not about Winget, but Wingate. Wingate is a town in Easter Union County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte