Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2020, 05:47 AM

334 posts, read 291,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsmobile View Post
I walked into my local Wells Fargo and asked for a colonoscopy. They looked at me like I was crazy.
Thanks a not.

You need to talk to a financial advisor. You'll get a colonoscopy, a barbed wire enema, and more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2020, 08:41 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,499,190 times
Sounds like the only real treatment available is a Wells Fargo Medical "Walletectomy".

Old 10-05-2020, 05:57 AM

5,461 posts, read 6,069,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Sounds like the only real treatment available is a Wells Fargo Medical "Walletectomy".
And they don't need a sigmoidoscope to do it.

Old 10-06-2020, 05:42 PM

6,129 posts, read 4,618,761 times
Do you have someone who handles benefits at your company to help you look into this if the company is helping cover the cost of coverage as a benefit?

Maybe my experience has just been exceptional and different than others, but I've found that they can really advocate for you. This is because the insurance company is now talking to someone at the company who has influence on moving their insurance coverage elsewhere if the company believes they're not getting a good value for their money, and they tend to take these concerns more seriously.

Then it becomes not just one, but tens, hundreds or thousands of satisfied customers who are at stake to the insurance company, which encourages them to abide by the terms they agreed to.

I'm sure you'll get some well meaning advice here but insurance plans have so many nuances between from one to the other that you really need someone who knows your coverage, and what it can and can't do for you.

Last edited by Jowel; 10-06-2020 at 05:50 PM..

Old 10-08-2020, 04:41 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,187,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgetnot View Post
According to Affordable Care Act, colonoscopy screening, for older than 50, supposed to be free.
But when I went in for the procedure, I was told doctor fee is 7xx and facility fee is 8xx.
Total out of pocket is around 1500. Btw, I picked the doctor and facility within the network.

I am with Wells Fargo. Blue cross and blue shield plan. Healthy, no polyp removed before

What is your experience with the screening? Do you have any recommended place for the screening?

Thanks
Your benefits department should have contact information for your insurance carrier. Don’t trust an internet message board for health insurance advice.

Blue Cross Blue Shield is a name brand offered by a number of companies. You also have to check with the insurance company to see if the doctor that you selected is in-network or out of network. And your insurance coverage probably has a co-insurance and/or co-pay amount that you have to reach before they will pay out.

Old 03-21-2021, 08:01 PM

29 posts, read 21,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgetnot View Post
According to Affordable Care Act, colonoscopy screening, for older than 50, supposed to be free.
But when I went in for the procedure, I was told doctor fee is 7xx and facility fee is 8xx.
Total out of pocket is around 1500. Btw, I picked the doctor and facility within the network.

I am with Wells Fargo. Blue cross and blue shield plan. Healthy, no polyp removed before

What is your experience with the screening? Do you have any recommended place for the screening?

Thanks
I prefer using COLORGUARD instead of a Colonoscopy which can puncture your intestines etc. etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte