Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2020, 11:11 PM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
I got the pen too. I asked the guy at the door of the voting room if the Board Of Elections were recycling the pens and he said "No, you can keep it." I also got the gold and blue "I Voted in The 2020 Presidential Election" sticker as well. Definitely "souvenir day" at the polls in NC!
I got the pen, but no stickers at the Kings Mountain polling place. I suspect that they were out of stock for the stickers. I was told by 2 different poll workers that they've never had this many people for early voting. I was #8079, on Friday, mid afternoon. By the time that early voting is done tomorrow, the Kings Mountain poll may have handled nearly as many people as the entire population of Kings Mountain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2020, 12:19 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I got the pen, but no stickers at the Kings Mountain polling place. I suspect that they were out of stock for the stickers. I was told by 2 different poll workers that they've never had this many people for early voting. I was #8079, on Friday, mid afternoon. By the time that early voting is done tomorrow, the Kings Mountain poll may have handled nearly as many people as the entire population of Kings Mountain.

That's so good to hear sb! The more people that vote, the better Democracy gets. If you have any house plants outside, better take them in. It's gonna get cold overnight over the next few days! Stay safe and warm!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte