Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2020, 02:06 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,511,829 times

Advertisements

Today is the first day of early voting here in North Carolina. I usually vote early but figured the lines may be a bit longer than I'm used to. I live in Union County and for years, voted at the Monroe Library. This year, with Covid-19 perpetually haunting us and the social distancing required, early voting is at Monroe High School instead of the library. I'll probably vote tomorrow or early next week rather than face today's "overly-enthusiastic" crowd.

It might be helpful to other people if you would report on your early voting experiences here in the Charlotte area. Was it crowded? Did people social distance enough? This would be very useful info for the elderly or people with medical conditions. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2020, 05:13 PM

334 posts, read 292,388 times
I dropped off my absentee vote at Mecklenburg County Board of Elections on Kenilworth two days ago. I had my ballot envelope inspected, then I had to fill out a form. Ten minutes total. I got a text today telling me that my vote had been accepted.

Old 10-15-2020, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langerhans View Post
I dropped off my absentee vote at Mecklenburg County Board of Elections on Kenilworth two days ago. I had my ballot envelope inspected, then I had to fill out a form. Ten minutes total. I got a text today telling me that my vote had been accepted.

Congrats, I'm so glad you didn't have to wait long to get it processed. Since it might rain tomorrow, and the news showed some long lines (which I kind of expected for 1st day in-person voting), I'm probably going to wait until Monday or Tuesday to vote. You'd have thought they were handing out free new cars from some of the lines I saw on the 11 PM news. It looks like it will be a "record-breaker" for this year's election.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:34 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,978,838 times
I'm in Cabarrus County, and I was going to go yesterday, but my MIL was texting that the lines were long. They got in line at 7a, and it took them almost 2 hours. They said that social distancing was good, and they were doing a good job of cleaning. Someone posted a website where we could check the poll times in our county yesterday afternoon, so I will be using that when I go on Monday.

Old 10-16-2020, 08:52 AM

10 posts, read 9,799 times
I'm in Union, went five minutes down the street to Marvin ridge High School at 7:15pm last night, zero wait time.

Old 10-16-2020, 01:59 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,951,270 times
We went today in Iredell County and the was almost no wait time. When we arrived at 10AM there were about eight people already voting and one person ahead of us waiting to vote.

We were in and out in ten minutes.

We drove by at the same time yesterday and the line was outside the building with about 20 - 30 people waiting (socially distanced).

Old 10-16-2020, 03:55 PM

It's so good to know that the wait times in many cases aren't so bad and people are social distancing. Today, the number of new Covid cases here in NC was about 2/3rds of Florida's number. Not good!

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Stay safe and healthy!

Old 10-20-2020, 03:38 PM

Well, I voted today and it was a little different this time. I voted in the town over from the one I reside in. This time, I voted with a paper ballot instead of the electronic voting machine. I waited on line for 15 minutes and it took about 10 minutes to precisely color in all of those little boxes. Brought it over to the tabulating machine and it thanked me. I think the line would have been longer at my town's high school. Glad I voted early. Now, I'll keep my fingers crossed until I learn the results.

Last edited by TheEmissary; 10-20-2020 at 04:26 PM..

Old 10-20-2020, 05:33 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,978,838 times
A friend and I went and voted yesterday at Northern Tool Plaza. We arrived about 9:30 and there wasn't a line. We were on and out in less than 10 minutes. So glad that I did it ahead of time.

Old 10-21-2020, 11:40 AM

1,463 posts, read 2,972,579 times
Arrived the first day at UNCC Belk Auditorium (no line) around 2pm and was out before 2:20
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte