Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 08:26 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,666,259 times

Advertisements

Have you tried Rockingham yet?

Thanks, Loves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 08:32 PM

930 posts, read 2,161,059 times
We thought of Rockingham, even though it looks like nothing is there. I haven't found anything about rental property on the internet for that area. Do you know of any sites or what the employment is like over there?

Old 06-11-2008, 08:33 PM

I would contact Realtors in Locust, Albemarle, and Rockingham. And even Cheraw, SC.

When is your move in date? It seems that getting everything you want may not be possible at this juncture.

You just might have to sacrifice living in an apartment. The worse that could happen is you have to spend a few hundred bucks in storage and/or moving expenses to a more permanent residence.

Maybe you'll find something in one of those 3 towns.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
What about the one in Wingate for $950 4BR?

Put an application on it and they chose someone else, has been rented for over a week. Still on the net. See what I mean?

Old 06-11-2008, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
I would contact Realtors in Locust, Albemarle, and Rockingham. And even Cheraw, SC.

When is your move in date? It seems that getting everything you want may not be possible at this juncture.

You just might have to sacrifice living in an apartment. The worse that could happen is you have to spend a few hundred bucks in storage and/or moving expenses to a more permanent residence.

Maybe you'll find something in one of those 3 towns.
Do you know what the reputations of the schools are in these areas? I had heard good thing about Union county that is one reason we are looking there.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalogas View Post
We thought of Rockingham, even though it looks like nothing is there. I haven't found anything about rental property on the internet for that area. Do you know of any sites or what the employment is like over there?
Rockingham is much bigger than Wingate, but half the size of Monroe. I'd compare it to either city though in terms of quality of life. If you think you'd be happy in the latter 2, then you'd be fine in Rockingham.

What type of job would you look for?

Sorry, I don't know of any sites. Try the Yellow pages and call some offices tomorrow.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalogas View Post
Do you know what the reputations of the schools are in these areas? I had heard good thing about Union county that is one reason we are looking there.
No idea about the schools, except that Albemarle High School was one of the best 1A or 2A football teams in the county several years ago.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:56 PM

I had never heard of Locust and was trying to find information there. I can't find Stanley county school system on the internet. That is Stanley county, right? I found one house there, I will call tomorrow, but it has been out there for a month. How big is that town, or is it close to a larger town? I don't want to live in the city, but I don't want to be in the country either.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:02 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,509,934 times
you can search school districts and school ratings at North Carolina Report Cards
It will give you student performance , teacher performance, displinary action rating, teacher longtivity, and if rating of amount of teachers with degrees. and compare the school with the district and the state.

And if I wasnt out of reps someone helpful knowledge above (CG) is superb!!

Old 06-11-2008, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
you can search school districts and school ratings at North Carolina Report Cards
It will give you student performance , teacher performance, displinary action rating, teacher longtivity, and if rating of amount of teachers with degrees. and compare the school with the district and the state.

And if I wasnt out of reps someone helpful knowledge above (CG) is superb!!
Ah, thanks Sunny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte