Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 05:21 AM

830 posts, read 1,530,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Yeah, there's also a special that's run every once in a while on Discovery/Nat Geo etc. about this case.

They are certainly among us and they're not going anywhere. That's why it's so important to root them out here and around the globe.

The war on terrorism will end only when one side is destroyed, let it not be us. And if you don't believe me, read the Quran for yourself.
Seriously? You can use the Bible to justify anything you want, and people have certainly tried all throughout history...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 10:12 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,665,576 times
Here's a list of reading and one video from my home library for those of you interested in learning where this Charlotte resident is coming from and what his intentions are. The threat is very real and should be taken very seriously.

The Confrontation: Winning the War against Future Jihad by Walid Phares.

Future Jihad: Terrorist Strategies Against the West by Walid Phares

Why I Left Jihad: The Root of Terrorism and the Return of Radical Islam by Walid Shoebat

Why We Want to Kill You: The Jihadist Mindset and How to Defeat It by Walid Shoebat

The Truth About Muhammad: Founder of the World's Most Intolerant Religion by Robert Spencer

Religion of Peace?: Why Christianity Is and Islam Isn't by Robert Spencer

Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West by director Wayne Kopping

Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali

The Day of Islam: The Annihilation of America and the Western World by Paul L. Williams

The Al Qaeda Connection: International Terrorism, Organized Crime, And the Coming Apocalypse by Paul L. Williams

The West's Last Chance: Will We Win the Clash of Civilizations? by Tony Blankley

The Iranian Time Bomb: The Mullah Zealots' Quest for Destruction by Michael Ledeen

In the Words of our Enemies by Jed Babbin

Old 07-24-2008, 11:08 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
Thank you for that reading list, CG.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:14 AM

830 posts, read 1,530,311 times
How many of those readings were pulled from World Nut Daily?

Old 07-24-2008, 11:17 AM

156 posts, read 270,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlterp View Post

LOL.

CG: And how many books can you find with the exact opposite information that is in those books?

Old 07-24-2008, 11:20 AM

330 posts, read 1,036,162 times
I have been avoiding these discussions since they really are pretty off topic, but I would like to add one book to anyone's reading list regarding our misadventures in the Middle East:

Imperial Hubris - Michael Scheuer

Old 07-24-2008, 11:36 AM

The troubling thing about Islam is that at its core is the belief that all people are born as a Muslim . . . and if a person is "corrupted" by a different belief system, they must be re-introduced to Islam . . . and if a person chooses to reject Islam (apostasy) they are to be put to death. That is not religious tolerance. That is what concerns me about Islam.

Read this about Iranian law . . . concerning a bill re: use of internet - if the subject would corrupt or lead to apostasy. This is not the mindset of a religion that promotes "peace."

Dhimmi Watch: Iranian parliament considers death penalty for encouraging apostasy from Islam and other means of "harming mental security in society" over the Internet

Old 07-24-2008, 11:37 AM

I don't think this is off topic as it involves info directly related to a website being produced right here in Charlotte.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by callalillies View Post
LOL.

CG: And how many books can you find with the exact opposite information that is in those books?
How do you know what is in those books if you have not read them yourself? And were you aware that several of the authors are former Muslims themselves? To save time, here's a quote from a private conversation I'm having with slterp. I ask each of you these same questions who do not have knowledge on the subject. You can't refute information you are ignorant (ignorant meaning without knowledge) about.

And I also think this is all relevant to the discussion as this website is based out of Charlotte.

Quote:
I actually collect my news and information from a variety of sources, but when backing my own arguments, of course I'm going to provide sources that do just that.

I'll ask you again, have you yourself researched the subject? Do you know how Islam was founded? Do you know what happened during the next 2 centuries after it was founded? Do you know why there is a split in the Muslim world among the Sunnis and Shiites? Do you know what the term caliphate means? Do you know what kafir means? Do you know what dhimmitude means? Do you know what dar al-Islam and dar al-Harb means? Do you know what the Hadith is? Do you have an understanding of the life of Mohammed? Do you know mahdi means? Do you know what the 12th Imam means?

It's easy to dismiss something when you don't know the facts. Feel free to use the above keywords to help you in your search. For your information, radical Islam is actually true Islam, pure Islam, and fundamental Islam. "Radical" Islam is the form of Islam by which it was founded and intended to be practiced.

Please do your research.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlterp View Post
Most of them were read during my Global Terrorism graduate course at ECU where I am enrolled in the Security Studies program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte