Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 04:01 PM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times

Advertisements

Jake don't you think that XXX stores make the local population increase??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 04:06 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,895,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Ok Im just wondering something. I have not seen one adult store (xxx) and am wondering why? Is it because there's strict regulations on them? Is it because we are in the "bible belt"?? If you know of a good clean one (lol) you can DM with the info if you like. The bf and I were discussing this last night because they are all over Miami.
Even religious people do sex. Charlotte has always been a wide open city in that department. In the 1950s they used to say that Charlotte had as many W....houses as churches. My guess is that XXX items are in certain areas. They used to be around Eastway Drive, Wilkerson Blvd., Central Avenue, and other places throughout. They are just doing a better job at keeping these places subdued these days. I am sure that computers have put a big dent in business though?

Old 07-25-2008, 04:10 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,701,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
I think there's a dungeon in Greensboro for the banker types.

Yeah and a lot of people are into that. Whips, chains, dog collars,and toys of pain. You know when those bankers beat up on people all day they have some guilt so..... who knows?

Old 11-18-2008, 12:34 AM

1 posts, read 28,310 times
Default The skinny on the charlotte adult retail stores

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Also Charlotte has strict zoning laws about where xxx stores can be located and that usually a considerable distance from the things you listed above.
Charlotte has a sexually-oriented business "SOB" license...all adult stores must be 1500 sq. ft from a church, residential-zoned area, day care, park etc.

In the 90's, there were as many as 15 stores...now down to around 10:

2 Just For Pleasures 3 Red Doors (Woodlawn, Independence, Lake Norman)
Video Adventures and 74 News (same owner..both on Wilkinson Blvd)

969 Exchange (South Blvd) and Mystique (Wilkinson) - same owner

Carolina Video Source (Harris Blvd @ Albemarle)

Plus an Adam & Eve and Priscillas

And while we're at it..the worlds largest online adult VOD company is based in Charlotte (AEBN) and one of the largest adult merchandise distributors is in South Charlotte off Tyvola near I-77 LOL

Toss in a rather famous Swingers Club and 13 Strip Clubs and that whole "Bible Belt" thing kinda goes out the window. :-)

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 11-18-2008 at 04:54 AM.. Reason: no signatures, no links to these places please

Old 11-18-2008, 02:00 AM

125 posts, read 469,180 times
Does anyone on the list remember Thompson Bootery and Bloomery, they were at the corner on Independence Blvd and Pecan Ave.
They had a long display front full of mannequins wearing all kinds of sexy stuff.
Back in the 80s every now and then they would put a live model in the window, she'd stand real still for a while and then suddenly move just a little.
I almost broke my neck one afternoon when I was stopped at the light and she moved just before it changed. I think they had to stop doing it because there were so many fender benders....

Old 11-18-2008, 05:52 AM

714 posts, read 2,306,093 times
We always pass T&A Lingerie right next door to Tyndall furniture in Pineville and comment on hoe the Tyndall folks must *love* to have a sex/lingerie store so nearby. (Tyndall's marquee is almost always a religious theme.)

Old 11-18-2008, 06:34 AM

1,908 posts, read 4,981,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
We always pass T&A Lingerie right next door to Tyndall furniture in Pineville and comment on hoe the Tyndall folks must *love* to have a sex/lingerie store so nearby. (Tyndall's marquee is almost always a religious theme.)

It should read: Lying in bed and yelling "oh God" does not constitute praying or going to church

Old 11-18-2008, 06:37 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,021,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
[/b]

It should read: Lying in bed and yelling "oh God" does not constitute praying or going to church

I was going to give you a rep point for the laugh, but I must spread it around first.

Spread what around

Old 11-18-2008, 06:56 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,404,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Jake don't you think that XXX stores make the local population increase??

I always got a rise out of those places.

I think this thread seriously needs to be stickied.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:02 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
this thread rises by itself it doesnt need any help to be lifted up in this forum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte