Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2009, 05:07 PM

240 posts, read 1,024,371 times

Advertisements

I was in Concord Mills today. There are a few empty store locations in the mall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 07:12 PM

165 posts, read 560,872 times
I have seen this thread bouncing around every time I sign on to cd. And my answer to the thread is YES. Where have you been? Isn't that the whole problem?

Old 07-13-2009, 12:28 PM

1,921 posts, read 2,024,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsN Charlotte View Post
I read yesterday that the Stella D'oro cookie company is also closing their doors in Bronx N.Y.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/08/ny...cookie.html?em

Stella's still going to be around -- they're just going to move production somewhere else so they don't have to deal with unions and NYC salaries.

Quote:
In a two-page statement issued on Monday, the company’s managers said the workers had no one to blame but themselves for refusing to accept that the operation could no longer afford the wages and benefits it had provided in better times. They said they planned to continuing producing the company’s signature cookies, breakfast treats and breadsticks somewhere else.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:18 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,775,998 times
Was at Bears Lair in Indian Trail friday night. The place was pretty much dead for a weekend..

I don't know how you could stay in business when you don't sell hard liquor and everyone is buying the 1.50 beer specials...

We need LBTY to pass later this year for this place to stay open IMO.....otherwise I can't see them staying open w/the amount of rent they have to pay (vs how much business they bring in)

Old 07-27-2009, 07:00 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,344,234 times
Construction started last week rebuilding the Taco Bell at the Arboretum.
This is the one that was destroyed by fire earlier this year.

Looks like the Five Guys will open any day now, Firehouse subs opened recently.

Just posting the positive news versus doom & gloom.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:21 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,695,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Construction started last week rebuilding the Taco Bell at the Arboretum.
This is the one that was destroyed by fire earlier this year.

Looks like the Five Guys will open any day now, Firehouse subs opened recently.

Just posting the positive news versus doom & gloom.
Man, Five Guys is all over the place! Makes sense that an inexpensive place that serves quality food would thrive.

Sorry to add to the Doom & Gloom but I noticed that the sign for Blacklight Mini-Golf had been taken down from the old Haverty's furniture building on Independence. I guess it closed too, although I could never figure out if it was actually open in the first place or was just an old sign.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:17 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,201,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Was at Bears Lair in Indian Trail friday night. The place was pretty much dead for a weekend..

I don't know how you could stay in business when you don't sell hard liquor and everyone is buying the 1.50 beer specials...

We need LBTY to pass later this year for this place to stay open IMO.....otherwise I can't see them staying open w/the amount of rent they have to pay (vs how much business they bring in)
Liquor By the Yard?

Old 07-27-2009, 07:55 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,775,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI View Post
Liquor By the Yard?
Liquor By The Drink....

Basically IT was a dry town up until last year when the council approved beer and wine.

Its better than before, but no bar in their right mind can make a big sustainable profit w/o hard liquor....

Mixed drinks will be on the ballot this fall and should overwhelmingly pass like beer and wine passed last year....

Old 08-03-2009, 04:25 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,598,475 times
Wing Stop at Carmel Commons is closed ! Sign on the door says 'thanks for your past business' so I guess they are closed for good......Sorry to see them go - I loved their bar-b-que wings!

Old 08-03-2009, 05:31 PM

6,776 posts, read 13,589,879 times
Sam and Carlies Deli in Matthews closed! I am so bummed. They had the BEST pastrami sandwiches around, wayyyyyy better than Katz's Deli imo.

They were only open like 6 months. Went there the other day to get a pastrami on rye and BOOM. Closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte