Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 05:26 PM

509 posts, read 1,803,211 times

Advertisements

We need a place to stay for a couple nights after we close on our new house while we paint, etc. (We are moving the next weekend). We'd like to bring our dogs to save on kennel fees, especially since the new house has a fenced backyard already so they can hang out there. But they would FREAK if left alone in a new place... so we need a dog-friendly hotel.

According to Travelocity, the three dog-friendly hotels in Huntersville are:
Quality Inn
CandleWood Suites
Marriott Residence Inn.

Anyone have any experience with any of these places? Or know of other hotels?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2007, 05:37 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,835,086 times
Quality Inn is not the best. Have no idea about the other two,

Old 02-18-2007, 05:46 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,946,617 times
Default Trip Advisor

The reviews on Trip Advisor are very helpful. Just go to the review section, type in the name of a town and see what people have to say. On the right hand side they have a list of how all the hotels in the area rate--if you click on this you can find some great info. Test it on an area you know, and see if the reviews match your own tastes and opinions. I've used it for about a dozen trips now and found it pretty reliable. www.tripadvisor.com

Old 02-18-2007, 05:54 PM

509 posts, read 1,803,211 times
Let me add the Sleep Inn on Norcross to that list.

And thanks CA - I wasn't optimistic about the Quality Inn.

I checked Trip Advisor and there was a bad review for Candlewood too. Arrgh.

GT

Old 02-18-2007, 05:57 PM

I have friends and clients stay at the sleep inn they seem to favor well. Plus the free breakfast at Bob Evans which is almost in the same parking lot. IF I had to stay at one I would prob. go with them.

Old 02-18-2007, 06:46 PM

44 posts, read 175,899 times
Well, I've stayed at three of the hotels discussed.

Quality Inn - not great but not awful and we brought our dogs there. There were no issues with the pets and everything was clean. It just wasn't anything special - very run of the mill. We paid $64 per night.

Candlewood - I was there this past weekend and very disappointed. There was a weird odor in the room which I think was from the kitchen area in the "suite." The blankets were insufficient and all the furniture I found to be mediocre quality. My first night we were charged $99 the second night was $59. I really can't even believe I paid $99 for the room I got - I will be writing a letter to the company on that one. We only got a queen (no kings) Also, there is no complimentary breakfast.

Sleep Inn - Out of the three I would definitely stay there again. It's no 4 star hotel but it was clean and comfortable. The room was spacious enough for the two of us. The halls and the rooms smelled good and the maid service was great. There is a free very basic breakfast in the morning (i.e. cereal, small muffins etc). We paid $74 per night. However, I know you have a dog - and I don't think they are allowed.

I always hear good things about Residence Inn's! I've never stayed there only because they are usually on the pricy side!

Good Luck and post here if you find anything good. I will be in the same situation very soon

Old 02-19-2007, 04:05 AM

286 posts, read 946,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlTravels View Post
We need a place to stay for a couple nights after we close on our new house while we paint, etc. (We are moving the next weekend). We'd like to bring our dogs to save on kennel fees, especially since the new house has a fenced backyard already so they can hang out there. But they would FREAK if left alone in a new place... so we need a dog-friendly hotel.

According to Travelocity, the three dog-friendly hotels in Huntersville are:
Quality Inn
CandleWood Suites
Marriott Residence Inn.

Anyone have any experience with any of these places? Or know of other hotels?

Thanks!
Hi Girl, didnt they tell you at Monteith-NO DOGS ALLOWED. -lol,just kidding.
How is everything going,getting excited or scared? Painting is fun, i have been doing it for 6 weeks now My house goes on the market in 4 days, my stomach is in my throat. On a serious note, did you read the HOA rules? That was one thing i didnt do. I wonder if there was any unreasonable rules that you have to live by. Good luck Hotel searching, i didnt know there were hotels who were dog friendly, that is great. Take care

Old 02-19-2007, 05:56 AM

72 posts, read 292,967 times
Smile sleep inn

We justed returned from NC and while there we stayed at a Sleep Inn. We didn't have any pets, but the stay was pleasant. we stayed at the one right at exit 25 in Huntersville. There is a new restaurant down the street Cheeseburger Paradise worth trying, the food was good, stay away from O Charley, food not so good. We paid 193.00 for 2 nights, including tax etc.

Good Luck

Old 02-19-2007, 05:59 AM

yeah O'Charleys is not the best in Huntersville. The only good thing is children eat free there. Glad to hear that Cheeseburger Paradise is good I am waiting for the buzz to wear off so I do not have ot wait an hour.

Old 02-19-2007, 06:26 AM

166 posts, read 790,113 times
We always went to the Residence Inn in Huntersville. We only have one dog but I did see other people with two. You do have to pay a non refundable deposit for your pet. We liked the Residence Inn. It is clean, quiet, and the people are really friendly. They even knew us by name after a few stays. Also, should I mention the great breakfast!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte