Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2009, 06:06 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,703,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
mornin' everyone. time to start a new workweek!

Think of it as just a whole new set of challenges. This summer one of my golfing friends (very good player) after completing a hole that didn't go too well for him said: "That hole doesn't mean a thing to me any more.I approach each hole with a 'new' challenge in front of me. Clean scorecard every hole".

Pretty good advise, eh?
John

Old 01-05-2009, 07:22 AM

2,218 posts, read 3,452,784 times
Has anyone else gotten the plague (AKA virus) that is going around? I ve had it since Christmas Eve..and still feeling miserable. Started out with laryngitis, then bronchitis now its turned into a whopping head cold. I got it from family in VA...but wondering if its also hitting here. Groan, I m staying home!!!

Old 01-05-2009, 07:36 AM

677 posts, read 2,237,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
Has anyone else gotten the plague (AKA virus) that is going around? I ve had it since Christmas Eve..and still feeling miserable. Started out with laryngitis, then bronchitis now its turned into a whopping head cold. I got it from family in VA...but wondering if its also hitting here. Groan, I m staying home!!!
Please stay home so it doesn't come here! I want to keep myself healthy in 2009. Seemed like I was always sick last year.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:12 AM

677 posts, read 2,237,776 times
Seems like I killed the thread for today

Old 01-05-2009, 11:56 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,655,777 times
OK. I'm sitting here reading yet another topic describing the "horrible" traffic conditions in Charlotte and around Lake Norman. I've lived in NC for 13 years, the last 6 in Charlotte, then Huntersville. I realize I may be out of touch with the outside world, but where are these problems happening?

Our house is off of Bud Henderson Rd. near Beatties Ford Rd. I can get from the house to Northlake Mall in about 10 minutes. I can get to Birkdale in about 10 minutes. West Catawba, a few minutes more, East Catawba maybe another 5 minutes longer. The 18-mile drive to work in the morning usually takes about 30 minutes, and a little longer coming home at 5:00. I can get from work in the University Research area to Randolph Road on the other side of Independence Blvd. in just a bit over 30 minutes at 5:00 in the afternoon. Out recent trip on a Thursday night from H-Ville to the Time-Warner Arena only took about 30 minutes.

Am I missing something? When is the traffic ever tied up extensively for any length of time the way other posters make it sound?

Old 01-05-2009, 05:25 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
I agree the ones who says there traffic havent been up here in a few years. Traffic is not bad at all, yes you will run into a few bottlenecks but it just stop and go and back to normal within a few minutes.
Basically boils down to jealousy or realtors in the south end trying to catch a sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
OK. I'm sitting here reading yet another topic describing the "horrible" traffic conditions in Charlotte and around Lake Norman. I've lived in NC for 13 years, the last 6 in Charlotte, then Huntersville. I realize I may be out of touch with the outside world, but where are these problems happening?

Our house is off of Bud Henderson Rd. near Beatties Ford Rd. I can get from the house to Northlake Mall in about 10 minutes. I can get to Birkdale in about 10 minutes. West Catawba, a few minutes more, East Catawba maybe another 5 minutes longer. The 18-mile drive to work in the morning usually takes about 30 minutes, and a little longer coming home at 5:00. I can get from work in the University Research area to Randolph Road on the other side of Independence Blvd. in just a bit over 30 minutes at 5:00 in the afternoon. Out recent trip on a Thursday night from H-Ville to the Time-Warner Arena only took about 30 minutes.

Am I missing something? When is the traffic ever tied up extensively for any length of time the way other posters make it sound?

Old 01-05-2009, 05:34 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
Im starting a new type of music intermission this one is focus on music artists from Charlotte North Carolina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZvGerkloFw

Old 01-05-2009, 05:38 PM

1,619 posts, read 3,872,762 times
I agree, CLT's traffic is so easy going compared to other metros our size. I drive all over the country, usually 2200+ miles per week, and have to say, after driving thru every single metro east of Colorado and some west of there, CLT has it good. Traffic sometimes backs up a little on I-77 north, especially from exit 36 down, in both directions, but that's temporary usually.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:55 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,036,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
Think of it as just a whole new set of challenges. This summer one of my golfing friends (very good player) after completing a hole that didn't go too well for him said: "That hole doesn't mean a thing to me any more.I approach each hole with a 'new' challenge in front of me. Clean scorecard every hole".

Pretty good advise, eh?
John

Excellent advise.

Also, I have made it a point to limit what (or who) I am listening to this year....comes from my pastor's message last week. Am I listening to fear or to general crap or am I listening to the One that wants only the best for me.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:56 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,036,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Im starting a new type of music intermission this one is focus on music artists from Charlotte North Carolina

YouTube - Benji Hughes - The Mummy
cool, Sunny! Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte