Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 06:53 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,802,273 times

Advertisements

Souper Chix on Providence Rd. West out of business after about 1 year!! Before we know it Charlotte will be all chains and independent Pizza Places. So much for the little guy!!

R.I.P my friend...

From their website:
Welcome to Souper Chix’ web site. Although we were open for almost a year, and we had some support from the neighborhood, it was not enough to keep us going. As of October 27th we officially closed our doors. We may someday re-open somewhere else in the area and when we do we will be sure that you know. Until then -- God bless and thank you for your support - you know who you are
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 06:56 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,512,987 times
Oh, that is too bad. I fear you are right - we are going to see more closings. Not a good thing for the community as well as the owners and employees.

Old 11-13-2008, 07:45 AM

1,435 posts, read 5,769,490 times
That place was awesome!! A friend and I actually showed up to grab a bite before a football game on the actual day they closed. The lady came out and told us they just couldn't keep pumping money into something that was losing it. Too bad because it was pretty popular around here. I guess just not enough to keep it up and running.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:54 AM

714 posts, read 2,307,339 times
I ate at Souper Chix once, and just wasn't impressed. Their food table didn't keep the side dishes warm, so we had cold mashed potatoes. Ick. That's why we didn't go back.

I was disappointed, as I really was looking forward to a good, independent chicken restaurant in that area. I don't believe the other restaurants in that strip (Cafe' Nirvana, Farleys, the Chinese place and Topz) are doing poorly though. Hopefully another good independent restaurant will open up there soon.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:28 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,031,455 times
Sad, but what kind of business plan puts you out after 1 year? I'm not Mr Entrepreneur, but a solid business plan should have had provisions for lasting much longer then that. You can't even get reliable data on what went wrong in that short a time.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:30 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,026,012 times
On average 2/3 's of all new eatery's close within the first year.

Most people forget you have to cater to the customers.

Most places tend to complicate matters much more than they need to.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:02 AM

Yeah, a restaurant is an iffy proposition, even for experienced restauranteurs. So many variables - not just the food itself - but location, wait staff, parking - all are things that affect success.

However, Scotsman has it right - if you serve good food at the right price, people will find you!!!! I think that is why BBQ places stay in business - good product, simple menu . . . people will return regularly. Nothing complicated - just damn good food, consistently.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:26 PM

422 posts, read 1,366,579 times
Its too bad.......honestly, this is something I really dislike about Charlotte.... way too many chains! Its disapointing. Its sad when you have to take your visitors to Macaroni Grill!

Old 11-13-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBeginnings12 View Post
Its too bad.......honestly, this is something I really dislike about Charlotte.... way too many chains! Its disapointing. Its sad when you have to take your visitors to Macaroni Grill!
Agree. Well the thing about chains is - at least they are consistent so you know what you are getting. But I agree - would much prefer taking people out to neat locally owned - homegrown type restaurants. That is one reason I like Charleston - so many wonderful local restaurants.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:38 PM

714 posts, read 2,307,339 times
I've never felt like there are only national chains to choose from in Charlotte. We have plenty of unique and regional restaurants to show off to out-of-towners: Mert's, Blue, LaVecchia's, Villa Antonio, Senor Tequila, Sugar Magnolia, Cantina 1511, Sofram, M5, Ilios Noche... the list goes on and on.

We have plenty of chains here, to be sure, but a lot of goodies are hidden in among them. We also have some local and regional chains that are pretty good: Fox & Hound, Hickory Tavern and the Flying Biscuit Cafe all come to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte