Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2006, 07:35 AM

291 posts, read 1,781,628 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone knows these areas. They appear to have low crime with very reasonable prices and lots of land. I would love to find a farmhouse with 3 or more acres of land for under $150-175k. In an area that would be good for my 7 year old to grow up in. My wife is a dog groomer and we plan on breeding dogs as well as exotic birds. We are definitely animal people and desire land to possibly build a kennel on. We wouldn't want to be so out from civilization that it would make it hard for people to get there. We are not people that desire a fancy subdivision with all the amenities. Also an are with good land for gardening. How is the growing season over there? Thanks for all your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2006, 09:14 AM

110 posts, read 394,786 times
There is actually a city named Dallas in Gaston county, and its about a stones throw from Lincolnton, which is in Lincoln county. Lincolnton the bigger of the 2 cities. These are older towns, not alot of new buildings. Dallas has more of the small town feel, but you get the same feel in Lincolnton as well. Lincolnton has a old fashioned downtown, with the county courthouse in the middle of downtown. Lots of available land in Lincoln county. Once you go west past Denver, which is in the eastern part of the county on Lake Norman, the population really drops off. It picks up again once you go into Lincolnton.

Old 06-17-2006, 04:55 PM

Would you say they are nice areas to raise a family?

Old 06-17-2006, 05:43 PM

15 posts, read 92,162 times
Default Puppymill?

Is that the reason you want to be far enough enough out so people cannot find you. Please keep in mind that their are plenty of dogs as it in the world. No need to contribute to the overpopulation of innocent animals. If you were a true animal lover you would rescue them instead of trying to make a living off of their suffering.
Michele

Old 06-17-2006, 05:55 PM

1,502 posts, read 4,083,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salatheel
Would you say they are nice areas to raise a family?

Yes, its a nice area. Theres really not a whole lot to do though. Lincolnton isnt growing like the eastern part of the county. Its a pretty southern city. Its a nice area but not very affluent. Lots of older homes. There is land in the city to build on, so thats good. Hwy 321 runs north and south right thru Lincolnton so its easy access north to Hickory which is about a 15 minute drive, or you can go south which is Gastonia, about a 10 minute drive. In early September they have the "Apple Fesitval" in downtown Lincolnton. Lots of vendors on the street, actually a good time to take the family. Crime really isnt an issue, as far as violent crime goes. I know there are some new neighborhoods on the outskirts of Lincolnton, they have a Lincolnton address and are in the city, but they are more in the country. Lots of open space.

Old 06-18-2006, 06:13 AM

chupiechow said:
Is that the reason you want to be far enough enough out so people cannot find you. Please keep in mind that their are plenty of dogs as it in the world. No need to contribute to the overpopulation of innocent animals. If you were a true animal lover you would rescue them instead of trying to make a living off of their suffering.
Michele
Breeding purebred dogs is contributing to the suffering of animals? Are you kidding me? We have one purebred standard poodle with full papers and 4 dogs we rescued. We have also rescued many in the past. One was left at the vet my wife worked at helping animals for 20 years after she had been hit by a car and the people couldn't pay the bill. Another a customer of my wifes was getting a divorce and couldn't keep and she wanted to be she she had a good home. Another a pitbull thrown out of car in a box into the street. Another we are currently trying to place into a home for a couple going through a divorce after the husband was in a horrble accident and had brain trauma. That one came to us an extremely overweight lab we have gotten to lose 30 pounds by watching it's diet playing with it and taking it for walks. Another pitbull mix about to be put down in the pound that was real sweet. My wife is well known in our town here and people lean on with their animal problems because they know she has such a good heart. The animal control officer in our town asks my wife for help with placement all the time. I would say Michele we do truely love animals. Our actions have spoken to that fact.

Old 06-18-2006, 06:24 AM

Actualy Carolina Native that sounds pretty good! We definitely want something a little more countryish but within 30 minutes of a decent sized town. Hickory sounds nice too.

Old 06-18-2006, 09:15 AM

1,502 posts, read 4,083,424 times
Lincolnton is a good location. While main street has some traffic during the day, its never bumper to bumper or anything that will hold you up. Hwy 321, well theres never (bad) traffic on it. Lincolnton is far enough away from Charlotte to avoid any overcrowding, but is still close enough of a drive. There are alot of smaller towns dotted around that area as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte