Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2009, 08:52 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,851,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbollo View Post
^Luv, in your scenario, what happens if the original depositor comes back the next day and asks for his $100 back?
Then the bank is undercapitalized and needs to find reserves.

Quote:
What happens to the $80 when if the depositor comes back the next day and takes his $100?
Nothing. The guy who borrowed that $80 still owes it, plus interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 10:02 AM

4,010 posts, read 10,245,709 times
^I think you completely miss the context of what was posted, but indeed, you are correct.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:56 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,851,121 times
Quote:
^I think you completely miss the context of what was posted, but indeed, you are correct.
Perhaps I ignored it, but to be fair, you ignored the important and rather lengthy link that I provided on the theory of endogenous money creation.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
Perhaps I ignored it, but to be fair, you ignored the important and rather lengthy link that I provided on the theory of endogenous money creation.
I apologise as I didn't see your link. I don't normally engage in battle of link type discussions but I went back and read it to see what it says. I don't disagree with any of it except for these two things. The initial analysis ignores discontinuities caused by legislative changes and there have been plenty over the last 25 years. The second is in the attempt to explain the economy meltdown. Where it makes the mistake is in the assumption that finance is the cause of the problem when it isn't. It a symptom of a problem that goes well beyond the subject of money creation.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:04 AM

716 posts, read 1,549,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteCharlotte View Post
LOL I have a little bit of Gold but the bulk of what I have is Silver which is currently 13 dollars an ounce.

Silver currently 17 dollars an ounce which is a nice little gain of 31% since the posting. Also my short positions are starting to have some really nice gains as well The market top is already in as I have posted and its only down down down from here.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:59 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,751,543 times
Quote:
Silver currently 17 dollars an ounce which is a nice little gain of 31% since the posting. Also my short positions are starting to have some really nice gains as well The market top is already in as I have posted and its only down down down from here.
I just wish you would have lunch with me and explain to me how to make money at this point, lol.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:

Silver hasn't moved moved much in the last month or so and was in fact higher in mid Oct.

It's gold that is screaming to the stratosphere. New high yet again today. Seem my earlier topic on gold coins.

In any case, I suspect that both will continue to move significantly upward. I wish Charlotte had a decent bullion dealer but none to be found here. However I recommend that everyone reading this go out and get some American Buffaloes or Eagles. Still plenty of time to make some money on this.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I just wish you would have lunch with me and explain to me how to make money at this point, lol.

Hehe maybe one of these days

Old 11-03-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Silver hasn't moved moved much in the last month or so and was in fact higher in mid Oct.

It's gold that is screaming to the stratosphere. New high yet again today. Seem my earlier topic on gold coins.

In any case, I suspect that both will continue to move significantly upward. I wish Charlotte had a decent bullion dealer but none to be found here. However I recommend that everyone reading this go out and get some American Buffaloes or Eagles. Still plenty of time to make some money on this.

Very true Gold has been going up steadily and is an excellent investment. I just think that the percent return on Silver will be far greater in the coming months/years than it would be if one owned Gold.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:42 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,526,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
He can't ani. He having lunch with Carleton Sheets!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte