Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 11:17 AM

18 posts, read 27,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteCharlotte View Post
Well they better fire up the printing machines again tonight/this weekend because we will be seeing more bank closures!!! Also as of 11AM today I am officially 100% short in my stock portfolio. The Dow is currently 9500 and im 100% positive it will be much lower than that in a few months time
There aint no way of knowing which banks are going to shut down unless you are physic or something lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 11:26 AM

716 posts, read 1,545,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim28226 View Post
There aint no way of knowing which banks are going to shut down unless you are physic or something lol

Well I said it once and I will say it again. I use nothing but trends and patterns(along with a few other things) and the pattern lately has been mounting bank failures. I have charted the bank failures out and if my charts are correct it shows that we should have atleast another major bank failure sometime this evening or over the weekend. It looks like we could very well have the second largest bank failure this year within 48 hours!!!! This is just the beginning of things to come

Old 08-21-2009, 07:19 PM

830 posts, read 1,530,945 times
Since banks are almost always shut down on Fridays/over the weekend to have the least possible disruption to customers, the prediction of an imminent failure isn't exactly a bold one, especially in this economy.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:26 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,039,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlterp View Post
Since banks are almost always shut down on Fridays/over the weekend to have the least possible disruption to customers, the prediction of an imminent failure isn't exactly a bold one, especially in this economy.
but, there aren't any major banks on the brink of failure right now.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:40 PM

716 posts, read 1,545,081 times
Looks like as of now we currently have 4 bank failures with the biggest one of them being "Guaranty Bank" I don't know how this lines up with the other bank failures this year but Guaranty Bank had over 160 branches. Maybe this is the second biggest bank failure this year? If so we sure didn't see this one coming now did we?

Old 08-21-2009, 07:49 PM

830 posts, read 1,530,945 times
Speculation about Guaranty's imminent takeover has been around for at least a month...there have been articles in the WSJ etc. Not exactly a surprise. There were reports about the winning BBVA surfacing starting on Wednesday...

Old 08-21-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Looks like as of now we currently have 4 bank failures with the biggest one of them being "Guaranty Bank" I don't know how this lines up with the other bank failures this year but Guaranty Bank had over 160 branches. Maybe this is the second biggest bank failure this year? If so we sure didn't see this one coming now did we?
Well, Guaranty Bank was more of a mortgage lender, so, the economic impact will be minimal. Someone will buy up the assets for pennies on the dollar and that will be that.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:45 PM

Guaranty Bank shut by regulators - CharlotteObserver.com (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/136/story/902288.html - broken link)

Old 08-22-2009, 05:25 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,706,316 times
Quote:
Well I said it once and I will say it again. I use nothing but trends and patterns(along with a few other things) and the pattern lately has been mounting bank failures. I have charted the bank failures out and if my charts are correct it shows that we should have atleast another major bank failure sometime this evening or over the weekend. It looks like we could very well have the second largest bank failure this year within 48 hours!!!! This is just the beginning of things to come
Not very difficult to "chart" when the bank says on June 29, 2009 we will close without FDIC help. No rocket science here.

Guaranty Bank: FDIC assistance needed for survival - Dallas Business Journal:

Old 08-22-2009, 06:06 AM

701 posts, read 1,429,211 times
Hey CharlotteCharlotte, in your post of 8/14 you said you were going all short the following week. How'd that work out for you? LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte