Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 01:55 PM

716 posts, read 1,544,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Yep

Alrighty then I may have this confused with another area. I could have sworn that the crime was much higher in the Steele Creek area of southwest Charlotte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 01:58 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteCharlotte View Post
Alrighty then I may have this confused with another area. I could have sworn that the crime was much higher in the Steele Creek area of southwest Charlotte.
Like all parts of Charlotte, crime happens. We have several regular posters here who live in Steele Creek and love it, perhaps they will post shortly to allay your concerns.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Like all parts of Charlotte, crime happens. We have several regular posters here who live in Steele Creek and love it, perhaps they will post shortly to allay your concerns.

Maybe a reliable resource would be the CMPD crime mapping system?

Old 08-17-2009, 02:02 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Maybe a reliable resource would be the CMPD crime mapping system?
That's certainly a good resource for any newcomer, though it really doesn't always tell the whole story.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
That's certainly a good resource for any newcomer, though it really doesn't always tell the whole story.

Very true.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:23 PM

2 posts, read 3,194 times
Thanks everyone for your input. I'm definitely willing to put up with a bit longer commute to work if it means a better place to live. I am going to look into these places and try to talk with some friends of friends to pick a good place. More suggestions are always welcome! Thanks!

Old 08-19-2009, 02:56 PM

27 posts, read 89,951 times
I live in Ayrsley and have for a year (Central Park - Ryan Townhomes). I love it and I feel perfectly safe. Have had no problems. Also, my neighbors wave and say hi. It takes me about 12 minutes to get to the airport on 485. I love the area!

Old 08-19-2009, 03:06 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,131,225 times
Quote:
much higher than what? Union county? probably. Ballantyne? maybe, but maybe not. University area? definitely not. West/East side? definitely not. Uptown/some surrounding areas? definitely not.

There is crime all over Charlotte. Steele Creek is a great place to live. I don't think I would recommend it for a young 20s person fresh out of college, but it is great for families and people who want a shorter commute time and less crowded corner of the city. I would like to know where you live CharlotteCharlotte. You have already proven that you have some strange ideas about normalcy...

Old 08-19-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
I would like to know where you live CharlotteCharlotte. You have already proven that you have some strange ideas about normalcy...

I live in South Charlotte right near the Arboretum. I also wouldn't call my ideas strange because maybe people in Charlotte are just different and do not understand where I am coming from.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:17 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
I would like to know where you live CharlotteCharlotte. .
I think he/she lives in Carmel? Said something about living in the same zip as Ani b4, so I think that's where they live.

EDIT: Oops, saw they already answered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte