Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 08:55 AM

575 posts, read 1,515,361 times

Advertisements

I consider myself an outsider as I am not a racing fan but this story is one for the big screen. Having taken drug test for job purposes I don't know of anyone who failed a controlled test and kept their job, no less two drug test. I have personally heard people question the process only to find out days after their test they failed. Seems like they wanted to set up some type of suspicion to mask what would be revealed. These test are strictly controlled for integrity purposes and I doubt that a technician would alter a test on the request of a supervisor. Were these two test done in different labs? If so that would mean that the conspiracy to alter the results would be pretty far reaching. I'm surprised that they didn't do a hair sample which allows the testing to go back further in time than the usual urine sample.
His stepmother is an apparent boozer with many issues but would add a nice part to the movie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 09:01 AM

1,241 posts, read 2,320,535 times
I can see it now. Will Farrel as Ricky Doobie. He was kicked out of Nascar for drugs and now he's starting his own racing league full of stoners and drunkerds. The National Association of Inebriated Stock Car Racers or Naiscar.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:38 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
I can see if it was one test, but TWO? Idk about that. The thing I saw on TV awhile ago said it was a sophisticated test, and it was not some other drug that might test positive for meth, like in a cheap 5 screen test.

They should just do a hair test and be done w/ it.

The step mother is obviously some kind of kook, but the results of tests are pretty damning imo.

And you could take meth as a performance enhancer and, yes, you would be able to drive. I don't think he's a meth-head tho.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:45 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,510,953 times
The same lab took the test both times. That was brought out the last time Diehl was in court.

If Mayfield was using to the extent they say he was there is no way he could have driven. Nor is Nascar the type of sport that requires an *enhancer*. It can't make your crew chief or crew do any different and it can't make you go faster.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:31 AM

1,928 posts, read 3,643,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
The same lab took the test both times. That was brought out the last time Diehl was in court.

If Mayfield was using to the extent they say he was there is no way he could have driven. Nor is Nascar the type of sport that requires an *enhancer*. It can't make your crew chief or crew do any different and it can't make you go faster.
Yeah but why go after him? And two tests? Also from what I recall most of the other drivers don't want him out there since the results came out. It's not like he's a big winner and they want to get rid of him. Just seems strange to me.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:40 AM

Is Nascar a public or private company?

Old 08-18-2009, 11:42 AM

769 posts, read 2,219,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepulgeek View Post
Is Nascar a public or private company?
Privately owned by the France family.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:42 AM

1,877 posts, read 4,863,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I can see if it was one test, but TWO? Idk about that. The thing I saw on TV awhile ago said it was a sophisticated test, and it was not some other drug that might test positive for meth, like in a cheap 5 screen test.

They should just do a hair test and be done w/ it.

The step mother is obviously some kind of kook, but the results of tests are pretty damning imo.

And you could take meth as a performance enhancer and, yes, you would be able to drive. I don't think he's a meth-head tho.
I believe the hair test has been brought up, but not performed because his hair is too short.

Sorry, but I cannot fathom that he or is wife would allow themselves to be dragged through the mud the way they are were he not innocent. NASCAR cant stand to be wrong, and has the deep pockets necessary to make Mayfield's life hell, since he wont roll over and die for them.

Also, in his defense, Ive heard that Mayfield already has 2 contract offers pending (once he's proven innocent) in another series. One, is reportedly from Penske Racing- so, apparently someone in the industry has faith in Jeremy.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemaew View Post
Privately owned by the France family.
If its private then the owners should be able to decide who races and who doesnt for any reason they want.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:48 AM

769 posts, read 2,219,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepulgeek View Post
If its private then the owners should be able to decide who races and who doesnt for any reason they want.
In theory, that is true. However, our litigious society has made things more complicated than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte