Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 08:33 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,891,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
One of my pet peeves is the "driver" that brakes for green lights! What's the concept behind that.... if I wait long enough.... and go slow enough....it might turn yellow.....then it might turn red and I'd have to stop....maybe I ought to partially stop....just in case. I swear can see the three working neurons they have in their heads blinking on and off!!!!!
I have never experienced anyone braking for a green light, only people running red lights. The green light problem would obviously stem from old age or text messaging causing such a weird situation. The introduction of the roundabout will end problems at intersection traffic lights. The U.K. has introduced some brilliant concepts to this country, tripe was not one of them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 10:53 PM

542 posts, read 991,178 times
I have to agree, with OP. Driving through Charlotte is one of the most idiotic endeavors I have to do on my trips to Florida. Thank god it's only once a year. Last time I'm on I-77 and traffic is going below the speed limit in one lane so I get over to pass. No one was behind me and I'm going by now at least 5-10 over the posted speed limit and I look down for a second and next thing I know some jackass is riding my tail. So as soon as I can I try to get over to let him pass, but apparently I'm just too slow and he whipped over and passed me on the right even though I had my signal on that I was getting over. And after all that what does jackass do?? He just cruises along side of me even with no cars directly in front of him. Well, my lane started to slow down to the point that I was going to get back over, but jackass didn't want me in front of him again and shut me out and every other speed demon took advantage and kept me trapped behind this slowpoke in the center lane. All the while my signal was on mind you. By now I was so f'ing pissed that I thought, "when in Rome" and jerked the wheel and cut some excessively speeding moron off and gunned it. I joined the masses of other Charlotte drivers driving in excess of 85 weaving in and out of traffic and cutting people off. The original jackass saw me get ahead of him and tried to get back in front of me but he ended up getting shut out. Oh god it felt good! All the while using my signal!! I drive in DC often and Charlotte traffic doesn't compare, but I have never encountered something like that before. What was it, my out of state tag or my old car(94 Olds) that just couldn't be in front of jackasses nice new car or is it nascar mentality? I don't know, but when I finally got to calmer highways above Statesville, I couldn't believe what I just experienced. During all of this there were other idiot drivers I was contending with but this one guy blew them all away. This might be why there are so many bad drivers there, because so many people are reacting to the idiot driver around them who is also reacting to the idiot driver around them and so on and so forth. I also admit that I was also driving like an idiot, and will do so again if I encounter that kind of obnoxious driving again.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:31 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,891,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebat View Post
I have to agree, with OP. Driving through Charlotte is one of the most idiotic endeavors I have to do on my trips to Florida. Thank god it's only once a year. Last time I'm on I-77 and traffic is going below the speed limit in one lane so I get over to pass. No one was behind me and I'm going by now at least 5-10 over the posted speed limit and I look down for a second and next thing I know some jackass is riding my tail. So as soon as I can I try to get over to let him pass, but apparently I'm just too slow and he whipped over and passed me on the right even though I had my signal on that I was getting over. And after all that what does jackass do?? He just cruises along side of me even with no cars directly in front of him. Well, my lane started to slow down to the point that I was going to get back over, but jackass didn't want me in front of him again and shut me out and every other speed demon took advantage and kept me trapped behind this slowpoke in the center lane. All the while my signal was on mind you. By now I was so f'ing pissed that I thought, "when in Rome" and jerked the wheel and cut some excessively speeding moron off and gunned it. I joined the masses of other Charlotte drivers driving in excess of 85 weaving in and out of traffic and cutting people off. The original jackass saw me get ahead of him and tried to get back in front of me but he ended up getting shut out. Oh god it felt good! All the while using my signal!! I drive in DC often and Charlotte traffic doesn't compare, but I have never encountered something like that before. What was it, my out of state tag or my old car(94 Olds) that just couldn't be in front of jackasses nice new car or is it nascar mentality? I don't know, but when I finally got to calmer highways above Statesville, I couldn't believe what I just experienced. During all of this there were other idiot drivers I was contending with but this one guy blew them all away. This might be why there are so many bad drivers there, because so many people are reacting to the idiot driver around them who is also reacting to the idiot driver around them and so on and so forth. I also admit that I was also driving like an idiot, and will do so again if I encounter that kind of obnoxious driving again.
Wow! May I suggest that you only have one cup of coffee in the morning. you also may want to consider putting your cruise control on 65 and chilling. However, you will become somewhat stressed at exit 23, 25, and possibly 28 on #77 regardless. I think the situation you explained sounded like a bunch of nuts on their mobile phones not paying attention to the road and not having a clue of who is in what lane. But, it could also just be the caffeine. With your assumption that it could be your out of state tag or being in NASCAR country indicates that you may possibly be an angry yankee lsubconsciously creating fictional situations? Have a nice, calm day.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:37 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,310,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebat View Post
May I suggest paragraphs, that hurts my eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte