Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2009, 02:30 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,644,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
With all due respect, Baybook, I didn't see anyone accusing you of any of those things. I have no idea if someone wrote you a note with a rep (at least you got points out of it, lol). But as for the rest . . . that doesn't look like recap of what folks have replied to you at all.

ETA: you should let MODs know if you got a threatening note . . . they may be able to trace that.
Seriously, all of this applies to me - personally. I could cut and paste but it isn't worth it and there is no need to start it up again. I realize that sometimes we can be too passionate about an issue and we stop seeing clearly.

ETA: Mod can't delete the rep posts but senior admins can. Someone else on here recieved a few jewels as well.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:35 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,563,402 times
I am with you Ani, I didn't see any of those things either. There is clearly a difference of opinion here, such is life. Such accusations are juvenile IMO...but the point here is that IF someone was threatening another on here, especially with bodily harm it should have been reported immediately and dealt with. Those types of threats can be dealt with in ways other than giving someone an infraction.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:42 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,644,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
I am with you Ani, I didn't see any of those things either. There is clearly a difference of opinion here, such is life. Such accusations are juvenile IMO...but the point here is that IF someone was threatening another on here, especially with bodily harm it should have been reported immediately and dealt with. Those types of threats can be dealt with in ways other than giving someone an infraction.
Hmmm. I'd be more than happy to send back the comments you left for me.

ETA: People are more than capable of reading the entire thread if they choose just as I did.

Last edited by baybook; 09-22-2009 at 02:57 PM..

Old 09-22-2009, 02:44 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,716,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
Seriously, all of this applies to me - personally. I could cut and paste but it isn't worth it and there is no need to start it up again. I realize that sometimes we can be too passionate about an issue and we stop seeing clearly.

ETA: Mod can't delete the rep posts but senior admins can. Someone else on here recieved a few jewels as well.
I have gotten a few of the snarky type remarks on rep comments in the past. Folks who do that should be ashamed.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:47 PM

182 posts, read 441,552 times
Ani, NCyank and Chromekitty, I just wanted to say all your posts have been excellent to read and well articulated with reason and fact. I would reply a lot more to this thread, but I am a really tied up this week. I just wanted to give my gratitude to you folks.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Hmmm. I'd be more than happy to send back the comments you left for me.

unfortunately you are trying to play victim here...I know full well what I did and did not say here(just as anyone who can read). You can't come on a message board and express yourself and then when someone else does, you go making false accusations about them. If someone was "rep'ing" you with ugly words, you should have turned them in. If there were threats those can be dealt with also.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:56 PM

1,638 posts, read 4,560,504 times
Quote:
You should give up trying to have this discussion. Shortly you will:

1) Be accused of being deliberately dense and trying to rile up the masses
2) Be accused of being sympathetic with criminals, soft on crime, and a bleeding heart pansy
3) Be accused of calling McClure a liar, of saying the shooting was premeditated,
4) Be told that people like you are the reason behind Charlotte's crime problem.

and best of all

5) start receiving rep points from some troll too scared to send you a direct message. Said troll will leave you nasty messages with their rep points and make make threatening statements about your personal safety.

See all you have to look forward to if you venture on....
Thought maybe the troll only targeted women with the nasty messages.
Enough said.
if anyone knows anything about discourse analysis, what happens on CD is that anyone who dares to have an opinion that goes against the popular discourse is shot down in flames.
and to LM-report it-to whom -the moderator

Old 09-22-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamwow! View Post
Ani, NCyank and Chromekitty, I just wanted to say all your posts have been excellent to read and well articulated with reason and fact. I would reply a lot more to this thread, but I am a really tied up this week. I just wanted to give my gratitude to you folks.

Hey there.....thanks

don't work too hard.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:14 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,087,000 times
Regardless of the level of disagreement, there isn't any cause for threatening and mean reps and DM's. I hope you who have received them do report them.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:17 PM

4,010 posts, read 10,241,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan42 View Post
if anyone knows anything about discourse analysis, what happens on CD is that anyone who dares to have an opinion that goes against the popular discourse is shot down in flames.
Discourse means that both parties are willing to consider the points at hand and can back them up with facts. You have argued that McClure committed a crime, not that NC Law is incorrect. Big difference. People are entitled to their opinions no matter how disjointed from reality they may be. It's when they attempt to argue that opinion as fact, when it clearly isn't, that will get the negative reaction.

The people here have given you posts of all the relevant NC Laws covering this incident and how it was decided. These are the facts which you have dismissed completely. You have decided, despite not being there, that all of it is wrong and the the DA should charge this individual with a crime. You even brought up the case of the courts and are now ignoring the the fact the grand jury also decided there wasn't a crime committed.

Some people will clearly believe anything but the truth. Attempting to turn yourself into a victim at the hands of the rest of it is a thinly vieled attempt by using a logical fallacy to put some credibility on your failed arguments. This is not discourse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte