Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 03:35 PM

373 posts, read 1,471,701 times

Advertisements

So the latest is...we have discovered that everytime it rains water is pouring into the attic and has saturated the insulation through the drywall in the tray ceiling, our foundation is cracking and the most suprising of all...Ryan sold us a lot that did not meet the minimum requirement for an R-40 subdivision in Union County. (And yes we confirmed this with the Town of Weddington to make sure we weren't hullcinating).

Someone (pretty easy to figure out who) copied the postings and took them to Bill at the Ryan Sales Center for Weddington Trace. Which is fine, everything posted is correct and verified. I did receive a call from Bill who still asserts that the lot perked even though we have documentation from Union County that it did not. Bill wanted me to know what an upstanding guy he was. So here is my proposal to the person who copied the first post. Copy this post and take it to Bill since he is just around the corner from your house. And if Mr. Bill is such an upstanding guy and he really had no idea that the lot didn't perk, he shouldn't have any problems writing us a letter stating that Ryan never made him aware that lot didn't perc.

I hope you are right and I am wrong, but we shall see. What would an upstanding man do in this situation HHMMM?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 06:14 AM

92 posts, read 274,152 times
Good luck with this whole situation Carolina Cruizes. I haven't closed on my house there yet, this has all made me quite nervous, so maybe I need some luck too. Which subdivision are you on?

Old 07-18-2008, 04:34 PM

57 posts, read 224,301 times
Haven't been in this thread since we decided to not build in WT due to the lines.

Cruzes I thought there were no septics there? Sorry to hear about your problems, but you're on septic in Weddington Trace? That's interesting in dealing with Cathy Pearce, she told us it was not septic.

Old 07-18-2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan1229 View Post
Haven't been in this thread since we decided to not build in WT due to the lines.

Cruzes I thought there were no septics there? Sorry to hear about your problems, but you're on septic in Weddington Trace? That's interesting in dealing with Cathy Pearce, she told us it was not septic.
No we are not in WT but another Ryan neighborhood in Weddington. I explained to a previous poster that I responded to the thread due to the original question. Where did you end up?

Old 07-19-2008, 02:53 PM

57 posts, read 224,301 times
Honestly, we are still looking. This has been so hard. I think we're going to end up at Stone Creek Ranch. We almost bought in WT, almost bought in Canterbury, almost bought in the Reserve. Been beaten out twice and backed out of one contract because our house hasn't sold. I'm not one for two mortgages, especially in two states.

So we'll see.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:40 AM

3 posts, read 7,152 times
[SIZE=3]When we were first considering Weddington Trace we looked to this website for the “inside scoop”. Now that we have purchased our home, I think it’s only fair to return the favor for potential buyers.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Sales process: Bill Cotton was our representative. This was one of the smoothest, most pleasant process that I have experienced in a long time. Bill was thoroughly knowledgeable about every corner of the house. He provided a lot of assistance with designing, matching cabinets to floors to granite, putting in pull out drawers in the cabinets (you must get these – you will be happy that you did), where to put additional outlets, pre-wires etc. He made a potentially overwhelming event very exciting and fun. I was initially worried about using NVR because of stories I had heard so I got my own lender, just in case. Well, I have to tell you that I went with NVR because that was also a great experience. Michelle Heffner was representative and she fought to get me the absolute best rate. She sent me an email daily on the rates because I requested it. She responded to me in minutes whenever I had questions. I could not have asked for a better experience. To end – I work for a bank and even with my discounts as an associate, NVR offered a better deal. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Building process: We hired our own independent contractor to inspect the house pre-drywall and after. This guy inspected our previous home and was extremely thorough. He said he was very impressed with the Ryan home, did not know they built homes of this quality. He assured us that the house was very well built (and I tell you, he looked into every nook and cranny of the house. If you need his name let me know. I would highly recommend him). The building process was good too. We had a couple bumps because of the really nice project manager who was not very good at returning calls and could be forgetful. To be fair to him, it was just more irritating to me than anything else as he did whatever he needed to and more to correct any issue. The house went up very quickly and they worked hard to get me closed before Christmas even though it was a week before my contracted date.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Community: I LOVE it here!!! The house is beautiful, the lot is fantastic, the neighbors are wonderful, the walking trails are great – especially by the pond. The pool is up and running. A neighbor got a swim instructor in for the kids. How convenient is that? We recently had a block party which was very successful. Another one is scheduled for July 4. I still keep in touch with Bill and feel confident that he is very focused on keeping the value of the homes in this neighborhood – despite the challenging economic times. People are still buying here but not so much in other communities. I am very happy that we chose to move here and have no regrets. This is the place to be ![/SIZE]

Old 07-31-2009, 09:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,639 times
Hello Everyone, my name is Heather Harding and I am the new sales and marketing representative for Ryan Homes at Weddington Trace. I am so excited to be working in this community after working for Ryan Homes for over 5 years and gaining experience in townhomes and single families homes. My husband and I almost purchased a Collinwood inventory home in Weddington Trace about a year ago, but it was not the right time to sell our current home. Please feel free to visit the model and introduce yourselves, I always love to hear about your purchases at Weddinton Trace.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:16 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,721,860 times
If you love hearing about the purchases in WT, look no further than the history of this thread....!

In all seriousness Heather, since you are on the "dark" side..would you please give us your take on whether or not the OP should beat you up because home values have gone down....?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/charl...yan-homes.html

Old 07-31-2009, 10:47 PM

Wow...I must say Heather you are a brave soul. All I can say is I would suggest advising your customers that although Ryan has a 10 year structural warranty, Ryan will claim that the 1 year exemption clause trumps the 10-year structural warranty beyond the 1 year mark. For those of you who doubt. We are currently in litigation with Ryan for a home we purchased in a community in the Charlotte area (though not in Charlotte proper). We recently went before a judge for an administrative matter and that is exactly what the attorney for NVR (owner of Ryan argued). He actually suggested to the judge that our structural claims should be barred because of the one year claim limitation clause that is in ALL RYAN CONTRACTS which states all claims must be brought within one year. Fortunately, the judge did not find this a persuading argument and granted our administrative request. In essence the NVR/Ryan attorney was saying yes we offer a 10-year structual warranty but if you don't find any structural issues within the first year the other 9 years are are thrown out the window.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:25 PM

3 posts, read 7,152 times
Yikes! Heather, is this a true statement? The structural warranty is only for a year??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte