Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 11:11 AM

673 posts, read 2,680,052 times

Advertisements

CarolinaCruzes, Weddington Trace is not on septic systems, so I guess you are talking about another community?

Keith Lutz, you said "lets face it, you honestly believe that your Ryan home is better than a John Wieland home, with awesome amenities, and a 5/20 warranty? PLEASE, time to wake up and smell the coffee!"

Many people in Weddington Trace would answer yes to your question. Though I think Weddington Chase is beautiful (and we did look there when they had a few lots left to build on), we chose a Ryan Home because they had the floorplan we wanted and we thought it was a better value for the money. They are planning to build the amenities in Weddington Trace by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 11:24 AM

373 posts, read 1,471,566 times
The house being on septic is not the issue. We have had other houses with septic. The issue is the failure to disclose and the failure to repair. How would you feel if you found out after the fact the what the NC Dept of Nat'l and Envirn Resources refers to as a "system of last resort" was installed on your property without your knowledge or input. Unless the state or other gov't entity can pull off a miracle our home may have to be torn down because the septic cannot be fixed. You don't think we had a right to know this?

We are both Weddington residence, is it okay with you the sewage from my Ryan built home is spilling into your public streams?

Either way, I wouldn't wish what we are going through on anyone. I truly hope that you never have any issues. It is easy to rave about a product when everything is going well. The true test is the level of service you get when something goes wrong. I hope you never have to find out and wish you the best of luck.

Last edited by CarolinaCruzes; 07-06-2008 at 11:47 AM..

Old 07-06-2008, 04:19 PM

CarolinaCruzes, I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having. I wasn't trying to discount your problem, and no, I don't like the fact that your waste is going into the water. I hope you are able to get your issues resolved. I just wanted to point out that your issue was not a Weddington Trace issue, since that is the topic of this thread.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:25 PM

Original post
Quote:
Originally Posted by leetounion View Post
I am interested in any information or impressions about Weddington Trace by Ryan Homes. Our house there is under construction and I am curious about what we are getting into?
I was under the impression that Ryan was the sole builder in Weddington Trace, that is why I posted.
I guess I was mistaken.

Last edited by CarolinaCruzes; 07-06-2008 at 05:01 PM..

Old 07-06-2008, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCruzes View Post
Point taken. I was under the impression that Ryan was the sole builder in Weddington Trace, that is why I posted. I guess I was mistaken.
They are the sole builder, but there are no septic tanks.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:59 PM

Again, the septic is NOT THE ISSUE. It is the deceptive sales practice, and the failure to disclose material defects. Those issues are character issues not septic issues and are not dependent on location whether my neighborhood or yours.

I would think it would be easy to see the relevance. The same builder that built my brand new $550K home that will potentially have to be torn down due to faulty building built the homes in your neighborhood.

Last edited by CarolinaCruzes; 07-06-2008 at 06:07 PM..

Old 07-06-2008, 06:27 PM

536 posts, read 1,692,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCruzes View Post
Again, the septic is NOT THE ISSUE. It is the deceptive sales practice, and the failure to disclose material defects. Those issues are character issues not septic issues and are not dependent on location whether my neighborhood or yours.

I would think it would be easy to see the relevance. The same builder that built my brand new $550K home that will potentially have to be torn down due to faulty building built the homes in your neighborhood.
I understand. Hopefully Ryan prevails as a builder and does the right thing.

It is issues like this that these are brought to light with forums like CD and the freedom of speech! I know it is a little late, but hope everyone had a happy fourth!

Good Luck CC!

Old 07-15-2008, 06:25 AM

92 posts, read 274,109 times
Question interesting ....

HMMMM, Im wondering which neighborhood you're talking about, I think trace is on county sewer not septics. That's a bad situation, I hope you get it sorted out soon, what are they doing about it??????????

Keith, it took a while for you to respond to these comments = I wonder about your timing. That's interesting but I think you'll find that the new shopping center next to W Chase and the fact that the WT homes are built in the last couple of years might give WT the edge. I like city data but it's tough to see realtors talking on these posts when all they seem to be doing is trying to steer people to the neighborhoods they want folk to buy in. I don't believe there are any homes for sale near the High T's at this point.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:37 AM

92 posts, read 274,109 times
Default Ryan

If you check out most builders on city data you will find everyone has a horror story about every builder and there are even some on the wonderful JW - threads!!!!!!! So lets not use this to throw stones at the builders, all builders are business people and I believe they make mistakes and don't always want to admit or pay. The real integrity of the builder is how they actually respond to the mistakes they make. So I will be interested to hear how this one resolves on the septic.
No builder wants a bad rep right now. I don't think you can blame the guy in the sales showroom for this problem, he wouldn't have known. However, it would break my heart to move into a new home and have the situation Carolina Cruize is talking about. I would want a mega new home to replace this with a fantastic lot to give compensation for this problem. Equally, though I have heard stories on every neighborhood in these threads, floods in crawlspaces with mould, shooting ranges, sewers, sex offenders, buckled floorboards. It is very tricky navigating through all this stuff and knowing where to buy - I would be tempted to get an RV and forget the whole thing!!! And I wouldn't be satisfied to take a realtors viewpoint on any of this stuff.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:11 AM

Still waiting but I will let everyone know how it turns out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte