Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 03:51 PM

5 posts, read 18,568 times

Advertisements

Hello Neighbors
I have lived in Weddington Trace for about 4 months and I am happy. I know that every one has there own experiences but the people I have talked to are more or less happy with Ryan Homes. Any problem I have had they have always fixed or addressed the issue at hand. We have moved many times and built 3 homes before, so I guess I know what to expect. Ryan homes has done a great job comparied to my other experances. My project manager was Tony and I can say he did a fabulous job. I worked with Drew and Stephanie and that was ok, then they both disapeared and finished up with Bill Cotton who came in and got all my isues taken care off. Bill listened to me and understood what needed to be done. I and many others are glade he his back in this comunity because you can see a diffrents around the neighborhood and it seems like he cares. The meetings that I went to sounds like the develper is the one with the pool and club house problems. Hopefully they will get it all sorted out and get going soon. All and all a great comunity and I and many others are happy to live here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 04:05 PM

87 posts, read 285,621 times
My client's house is beautiful. Tony was wonderful to work with and really did everything he could to make my clients happy. Very thorough and explained everything as we went along. Any mistakes were quickly taken care of and fixed to my clients satisfaction.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:30 PM

148 posts, read 467,770 times
My parents have friends that live in Weddington Chase. They are getting concerned abou the pool/clubhouse situation. We know of several communities in Florida in which the developer went bust leaving the homeowners without their promised amenities. Who knows how long it will take to get that sorted out. I think given the current housing situation nationwide (and it could be factors outside the Charlotte market that are affecting the developer), I would be very concerned about buying in a community in which the clubhouse was not yet built. Sorry to be a naysayer, just my 2 cents.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:30 AM

73 posts, read 437,667 times
I just spoke with Mr. Cotton on Friday. he was great!!!!!!! He called me back and really assisted me. Not sure if I will build or buy a home build already. Also looking at homes in Verdict Ridge. But I just wanted to say Bill Cotton really was great on Friday.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:21 PM

57 posts, read 224,280 times
Default just a bump for more responses

anyone? still considering this neighborhood. half acre lots with oversized brick is pretty hard to beat

Old 03-04-2008, 07:36 PM

158 posts, read 411,365 times
Default Weddington Trace

Hard to choose between neighborhoods in Union County right now. I think the best deal $$$$ will win, once you've looked at location, lot size, schools and proximity to 485, Weddington Trace comes out looking ok to me

Old 03-04-2008, 07:41 PM

536 posts, read 1,692,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raybourne View Post
Hard to choose between neighborhoods in Union County right now. I think the best deal $$$$ will win, once you've looked at location, lot size, schools and proximity to 485, Weddington Trace comes out looking ok to me
I can think of some better communities, IMO!

Old 03-05-2008, 12:12 PM

please elaborate

Old 03-05-2008, 01:02 PM

536 posts, read 1,692,958 times
Red face realtor keeping it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybourne View Post
please elaborate
It is important to think re-sale value. Is the lot you have picked out near the High T's? For some that can be scary and leave you with a hard house to sell.

As for some other communities, just look up Shea or Orleans, and you should be able to figure out where. If you need more help, you know how to find me.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:23 PM

I think Shea Hollister have power lines too and their garages are front loading in the price range we're looking at. Weddington Trace Phase II are away from the high "T"s and most have .5 acre plus lots. I agree resale value is a big concern. Orleans seem to be plus $600k if you want a decent lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte