Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 10:33 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,912,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwakuni View Post
Kmway,
My gratitude for your caring and hospitality. This is Charlotte's biggest asset...it's residents compassion. Since my job takes me around the world, I connect through Charlotte Douglas Int'l Airport on a constant basis. One of the features here are the rocking chairs which so much symbolizes this caring, hospitality, and compassion. Keep up the Faith!
My research of Charlotte has been mainly the web therefore joining this forum contributes considerably. I am pretty much a busy bee therefore have only few hours to plunge into data which sometimes turns out to be antiguity.
Glad to help!
Well, the airport has recommendations:
http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/Airport/Ground+Transportation/Shuttle+Service.htm (broken link)
Contracted to do airport transportation: http://www.charmeck.org/NR/rdonlyres/e3kexj5wtzakstw4kdvmfgfcownhfu53cb3oy742pxqaiti2kn tyk6eq4vuv5vtw7e6xvnovzlvjks7ubzkakem467c/TransportationServices2006.pdf (broken link)

I hope that helps. Again, if you have your own car, I find parking at $3/day to be cheaper for me than these services sometimes! Good luck--
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 11:11 AM

61 posts, read 239,880 times
Kmway,
I have researched this list many months past and it's somewhat outdated. Notice the Airport Shuttle, I called and was told it went out of business.
Thanks though!

Old 05-23-2007, 11:18 AM

178 posts, read 875,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwakuni View Post
Kmway,
My gratitude for your caring and hospitality. This is Charlotte's biggest asset...it's residents compassion. Since my job takes me around the world, I connect through Charlotte Douglas Int'l Airport on a constant basis. One of the features here are the rocking chairs which so much symbolizes this caring, hospitality, and compassion. Keep up the Faith!
My research of Charlotte has been mainly the web therefore joining this forum contributes considerably. I am pretty much a busy bee therefore have only few hours to plunge into data which sometimes turns out to be antiguity. Unlike others relocating to Charlotte, I am single city lady with a Tabby. Am looking for a Vetenerian and also a church. I believe the LittleRock AME Zion is near by but don't know what denomination.

Winston2000
Thank you for your feedback. I am a healthnut and love to cook...into organics and have an "Alternative" or Holistic approach lifestyle. I don't limit myself though. It is important to be able to integrate the traditional too! The Economist sounds promising! I understand there exists an open market called Center City Green Market...is this correct?

Abejita,
Thanks for your input also. My safety net idea means I can get on my bike or jog with my MP 3 player without any concerns. Sometimes information from certain researchers can be somewhat over dramatized however for those who are locals, their testimonies are what counts.

Everyone, as they say in Japan, Arigatou!
I use Animal Medical Hospital on Monroe Road. They have 15 full time vets and are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I have used the emergency access many times and am grateful for their 24 hour services. I personally use Dr.Monroe at that facility as she has Italian Greyhounds like myself

Yes, there is an outdoor market located a short walk from 1st ward. They have local farm vegetables and crafts. Reids Fine Foods is right across the street from the market.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:12 PM

677 posts, read 2,237,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston2000 View Post
Yes, there is an outdoor market located a short walk from 1st ward. They have local farm vegetables and crafts. Reids Fine Foods is right across the street from the market.
The outdoor food market is usually only open a few hours a day if my memory serves me correctly, maybe 10-3pm? But they have a good selection of fresh produce. Reids Fine Foods is very nice, but I'd rather shop at Harris Teeter.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:45 PM

41 posts, read 235,152 times
Organic foods, you say? http://www.ncfarmfresh.com/ has a directory of greenmarkets in the area. Charlotte's options for natural/organic foods are getting better and better. In the Dilworth neighborhood there are two independent natural foods stores, Talley's and Berrybrook Farms. There is a Home Economist on South Blvd. and one on Monroe. There is an EarthFare in teh Ballantyne neighborhood, and one is slated to open this fall in SouthPark. I've also heard rumors of a WholeFoods coming to SouthPark. So even though the Elizabeth WholeFoods seems to be a no-go, you have plenty of options!

Old 05-26-2007, 08:01 AM

13 posts, read 11,762 times
If uptown charlotte scares you after dark, you might want to put Memphis and New Orleans on your places to avoid lists...you'll be petrified...
Quote:
Originally Posted by abejita View Post

Uptown scares me at night, because it's like a ghost town after about 6pm.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,961 times
Default City of Charlootte First Ward and Lender Incentives

I hope to learn as much about the City of Charlotte's its collaboration with lenders in creating The First Ward Initiative, ASAP.

Old 07-21-2007, 03:04 PM

61 posts, read 239,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry wolfson View Post
I hope to learn as much about the City of Charlotte's its collaboration with lenders in creating The First Ward Initiative, ASAP.
This sounds interesting. Elaborate!

Old 07-21-2007, 07:51 PM

201 posts, read 1,282,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abejita View Post
It's not just Morgan Quitno. Any crime statistic/rating you can find will tell you that Charlotte has a higher crime rate than NYC. It's a simple fact. I hope it's okay to mention other sites as long as I don't link to them-- Look at CNN/Money, Wikipedia, disastercenter, whatever else you can find. I did not see city crime rates here on city-data, but if they are here I'm sure that they, too, show that Charlotte has a higher crime rate than NYC and a high crime rate compared to other large cities.

If you can point me to data that says otherwise, please do so, instead of simply saying that my post is "wrong on so many levels" without actually refuting what I said.
The only reason Charlotte has a much higher Crime rate is because it is much smaller, spread out, and there is small amounts of crime everywhere.
In NYC you can travel for like 20 minutes through a place like LI where there is NEVER crime NEVER...
I don't even feel scared walking thru Grier Heights in Charlotte, and yes I have before.

However, I would NEVER just walk around aimlessly in the Courtyard of a random Housing Project in South Bronx.
The crime in NYC is extremely intense and contained in small areas. In Charlotte it is not. There is no shoot on site land in the QC, but in NYC, if you go down the wrong block in the South Bronx... You are asking to lose your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte