Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 01:15 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,910,555 times

Advertisements

Okay Ani, I'm easy. I'll go back posting job leads...I get so many of them in my mail box. I think I should be a recruiter. You know when I and a couple of other collegues got laid off, we were provided the services of a career coach. Well, I got lucky enough to end up with a local lady who not only was very responsive but very concerned about her colleagues not providing the service they are supposed to. One of the ladies who was let go at the same time I was complained to me that her coach was up in Raleigh, called her while dropping off his kids and was not engaged and referred to her jobs not within her arena. So when I got a chance to talk to my coach, I relayed the info to her. Aghast at what she heard, she looked up my colleague's name and said she would reach out to her and take over for the remainder of the time the service is in force. One just never knows where the job leads could come from.

I start a full time contract job with BofA on the 16th, and that came out of nowhere IMO, just by reaching out to a recruiter on LinkedIn just before Christmas. I have been referred by neighbors who work at Lincoln Financial, TWC, etc. etc. If I'm not qualified, someone else may be, and I truly believe that no one should dismiss an oportunity, just because there are hundreds of applicants. Like the lottery, you can't win if you don't buy a ticket, no matter the odds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 01:59 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,715,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Okay Ani, I'm easy. I'll go back posting job leads...I get so many of them in my mail box. I think I should be a recruiter. You know when I and a couple of other collegues got laid off, we were provided the services of a career coach. Well, I got lucky enough to end up with a local lady who not only was very responsive but very concerned about her colleagues not providing the service they are supposed to. One of the ladies who was let go at the same time I was complained to me that her coach was up in Raleigh, called her while dropping off his kids and was not engaged and referred to her jobs not within her arena. So when I got a chance to talk to my coach, I relayed the info to her. Aghast at what she heard, she looked up my colleague's name and said she would reach out to her and take over for the remainder of the time the service is in force. One just never knows where the job leads could come from.

I start a full time contract job with BofA on the 16th, and that came out of nowhere IMO, just by reaching out to a recruiter on LinkedIn just before Christmas. I have been referred by neighbors who work at Lincoln Financial, TWC, etc. etc. If I'm not qualified, someone else may be, and I truly believe that no one should dismiss an oportunity, just because there are hundreds of applicants. Like the lottery, you can't win if you don't buy a ticket, no matter the odds.
Bibit--think of it this way:When you reach the HR office at Pearly Gates By St. Peter they will ask for your resume. Instead of sitting around all day YOU will be in charge of interviewing all newbies. Then you will have your revenge. "OH, you're the one that dissed me on CD Forum. OK. No admittance! You can go to_(you know where)______________"

Old 02-05-2010, 05:47 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,800,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Hi pink! I love Spam! Okay, if people think things like these are scam, then I'll stop posting job anything. Last time I posted that Husqvarna in Charlotte would be hiring, someone posted the jobs (then) in Swedish, trying to be funny, even when the article mentioned they won't start opening up till February. Well, I put it on my tickler schedule and sure enough, there were at least 4 Marketing manager positions at the end of January. I posted it on the thread, but it seems no one in the Charlotte forum NEEDS a marketing job, so I referred the link to someone in LinkedIn who posted she got laid of at the TV station in Charlotte. Very thankful lady, I just might get to meet her.

I guess people in the Charlotte forum don't need job leads, so I'm done giving them out.
Only a newbie or troll would say that about you bibit, don't give that comment, and any other negative ones, a second thought. Those of us who actually know you, know you are only trying to be helpful, just like the rest of us long-term regulars

Old 02-05-2010, 06:40 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,877,205 times
Bibit, if anyone posts rudely, please REPORT the post! It will be taken care of.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte