Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 11:40 AM

1,304 posts, read 4,320,362 times

Advertisements

A tip we got from a ceramic tile installer was to try this product - Krud Kutter for soap scum and mineral build up on glass shower doors.

Original Krud Kutter, Stain Removal, Carpet Cleaning, Cleaning Products, Industrial Cleaning Products, Wipes, Spray, Cleaning And Pressure Washing Products, Janitorial Supplies, Carpet Stain Removal - <style type="text/css"> </style><b style="color:b
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 01:35 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,585,763 times
Default Magic Eraser

Here in Fl. where there is lots of mildew/mold I use my Mr. Clean Eraser on everything even the shower curtain liner, my tile guy told me to use straight bleach on my tiles, and of course you have to have a window open and be careful, but it cleans my tile great. My eraser even cleans the tiles (which I think are clean, I use water and vinagar) but you should see what I pick up
on the tiles after I clean them

Seems that even in NC they have the same problems or close to it, as here in Fl. I'll be in the Charlotte area this summer to look around and hopefully find
someplace to call home

Old 05-29-2007, 09:11 PM

1,105 posts, read 4,569,446 times
I don't have that problem at all because someone told when I moved into my new house to use liquid soap and it seems to work. I've been there over three years now. I do windex it once a week but I don't get any soap scum buildup.

Old 05-31-2007, 03:55 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,716,789 times
I don't have time to read through all of the previous posts on this thread, but I wanted to thank whoever suggested the Mr Clean Eraser sponge with some liquid soap (dish soap is what I used)......it works like a charm! Thanks so much.

Old 05-31-2007, 04:00 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,798,790 times
Have you tried Kaboom cleaner? It's really good, and seems to work for us. I also squeegee the glass

Old 06-04-2007, 12:02 AM

473 posts, read 1,578,497 times
Red face Tampa to Charlotte

We had the same problem in Tampa, even after using the squeegee. I asked one of the locals and she told me toilet cleaner like "The Works" but be careful not to get it on the seals of the shower and not to do it too often. She had cleaned houses professionally and it was a trick that they used. It cuts through everything! I also use the scrubbing bubbles shower cleaner and I'm happy with it. But when I need a thorough cleaning like for selling the house, toilet cleaner works every time...

Old 07-20-2008, 03:23 PM

2 posts, read 7,281 times
Clean them with lime away first then use rain-x after you dry them. I have found that this works very well. I have a house cleaning buisness and this works for me on hard water also.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:36 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,060,246 times
We had the same problem and we used just about every cleaner out there. After working with nasty fumes and lots of scrubbing it made little difference. I was so frustrated. Then I had an idea.

If you knew me better you would understand that not all of my ideas work out but we were out of options!! LOL

I used the glass cook-top cleaner that came with my stove. It will not scratch and if you want a cheaper alternative try Bon Ami. The abrasive agent in both products is feldspar, hasn't scratched yet. It took 15 minutes of scrubbing, no fumes, and the shower door was sparkly clear!!

I agree with using the squeegee after each shower and have also heard to use the Rain-X products but have yet to try it.

Old 07-20-2008, 08:27 PM

549 posts, read 1,740,805 times
squeegee (sp?) the glass after each shower.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:00 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,132,698 times
magic eraser is the only thing we use to clean our shower! it works great on the doors - you have to scrub until it feels "smooth" - then you know it got all the soap scum off. It also works great on the shower floor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte