Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 06:56 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,663,379 times

Advertisements

All of you are working WAY too hard! A few months ago when we had our house on the market, we bought Methods Daily Shower Spray. All you do is spray the glass after each shower, and voila! no more scum or hard water build up! It's so great, that I just bought the larger refill bottle.

Seriously, squeegee? magic eraser? Rain-X? Don't be so hard on yourself. I've bought the product at Harris Teeter and Target. Getchu some!

Check it out: Method Ylang-Ylang Daily Shower Spray A Review of Method Ylang-Ylang Daily Shower Spray

More reviews here: http://www.amazon.com/review/product...DateDescending

P.S. I think it smells great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 08:04 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,891,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
At first I was going to post this question on the "house" forum, but I believe my issue is specific to this area because of the water: I can't seem to get my clear glass shower doors completely clean. In FL and NJ I used Scrubbing Bubbles cleaner and it works just fine, not in NC! Any suggestions? Could it possibly have something to do with the water here? I can't stand foggy/filmy glass shower doors. YUCK!
Our glass shower door doesn't seem to show water spots. Anyway, my wife is a cleaning freak (I mean that in the most endearing manner). She just told me that she uses CTR or something like that. I would try it. She isn't wrong often (I mean that in the most endearing manner). Good luck. Also, I have no idea what type of glass was instaled but it doesn't steam up when showering either. Love it.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:24 AM

1,852 posts, read 5,218,076 times
Why even bother.. Whats a little soap build up anyway. I don't want anyone watching me anyway.. Silly clear glass doors on showers.

(by the way, I have noticed, different soaps leave different build-ups. If you use a more natural soap like Dove, you get a lot less soap scum)

Old 07-23-2012, 03:12 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
cleaning it with shaving cream will stop it from fogging. For cleaning mildew buildup I use pure ammonia but be sure a window is open and not to to have it near clorox or any type of bleach cleaner. You might have a lime buildup as well.
I've heard about that trick for bathroom mirrors, but I've never been able to get it to work. I use the cream, but still it fogs up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
I used the glass cook-top cleaner that came with my stove. It will not scratch and if you want a cheaper alternative try Bon Ami. The abrasive agent in both products is feldspar, hasn't scratched yet. It took 15 minutes of scrubbing, no fumes, and the shower door was sparkly clear!!
The only thing I hate more then the glass shower doors is the glass cook-top. That thing is the biggest pain to get clean. Even the cleaner that came with it will leave it looking foggy and streaky. I've tried other cleaners, and get the same result. I've heard suggestions of just using soap and water, but then it leaves behind water spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
All of you are working WAY too hard! A few months ago when we had our house on the market, we bought Methods Daily Shower Spray. All you do is spray the glass after each shower, and voila! no more scum or hard water build up! It's so great, that I just bought the larger refill bottle.

Seriously, squeegee? magic eraser? Rain-X? Don't be so hard on yourself. I've bought the product at Harris Teeter and Target. Getchu some!

Check it out: Method Ylang-Ylang Daily Shower Spray A Review of Method Ylang-Ylang Daily Shower Spray

More reviews here: http://www.amazon.com/review/product...DateDescending

P.S. I think it smells great!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Method cleaners.

And yes, I know I'm replying to some old comments...

Old 07-23-2012, 03:24 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,215,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I've heard about that trick for bathroom mirrors, but I've never been able to get it to work. I use the cream, but still it fogs up.

The only thing I hate more then the glass shower doors is the glass cook-top. That thing is the biggest pain to get clean. Even the cleaner that came with it will leave it looking foggy and streaky. I've tried other cleaners, and get the same result. I've heard suggestions of just using soap and water, but then it leaves behind water spots.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Method cleaners.

And yes, I know I'm replying to some old comments...
Invisible Glass is the best I've found to clean anything glass to a clear shine. Probably won't clean bathroom scum but I bet it would work great for a cooktop. I suggest using a microfiber cloth with it.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:55 PM

1,076 posts, read 2,367,900 times
We use newspaper with windex to get the soap scum off. I know it sounds weird but it
Works great!! I don't know what it is about it but it cleans great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte