Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 07:12 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,953,825 times

Advertisements

Any nascar fans out there? My daughter informed me that Kasey Kahne was in Brixx at Birkdale eating last night. She doesn't know who he is.

Also she said last week an NBA coach came in with a player during lunch. She's a hostess there, she doesn't know these people but everyone else that works there does. LOL

I just thought that was interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 07:42 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,913,250 times
I sat behind that Richard Petty guy in Fox and Hound...no kidding. Hat and glasses and all. There are race people up there all the time, but I don't know about or care about racing so sadly, it means nothing to me.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:05 PM

390 posts, read 1,515,277 times
I see Jeff Gordon every so often in my office building uptown - he has a place on the condo side. That's my only local brush with fame aside from Nature Boy Ric Flair!

Old 06-05-2007, 08:09 PM

876 posts, read 3,792,798 times
You could probably head into Mooresville and just go into his raceshop and catch a peep at him too!

Old 06-05-2007, 08:11 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,953,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
I sat behind that Richard Petty guy in Fox and Hound...no kidding. Hat and glasses and all. There are race people up there all the time, but I don't know about or care about racing so sadly, it means nothing to me.

Me too Kim, I had to look up Kasey on the internet to see what he looks like

Old 06-05-2007, 08:19 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
Unless he has moved and maybe he hasnt but Kasey Kahne has a place in Birkdale Village I know which place but so that something like this doesnt happen I wont divulge haha
YouTube - Kasey Kahne Allstate Commercial #3 "Dreamin"

You are in Nascar Country so seeing Nascar Young Guns out and about might occur if you are out on the weekday nights since oviously they are usually out of town on weekends.

Rusty Wallace has a nice home off Jetton Road in Cornelius and Dale Jr home is right across the street from DEI . I wonder if he will sale it so he dosesnt have to look at DEI after he leaves them.

Here a photo of NBA Gerald Wallace home he purchased in 2005 in Charlotte
he only paid 2.3 million

Old 06-05-2007, 08:25 PM

167 posts, read 689,711 times
Kinda off topic. My wife is a big Nascar fan*cough*Dale Jr*cough*. So for our 15th wedding anniversary. I was lucky enough to win a charity auction to attend the premier and private after party for Talladega Nights in Hollywood. It was amazing. Met all of the stars of the movie and others including Bruce Willis, Jeremy Piven and the one Nascar driver my wife was praying to meet...Dale Jr. We got to the after-party a bit early. And we are walking around and they have all of this food (like a southern picnic) and I look over my wife's shoulder and tell her to turn around. Sitting at a table by himself was Jr. She was in shock and didn't say anything. So I went up to him and introduced me and my wife. I told him she is a big fan and was nervous to talk to him. He was very nice. He signed our Talladega Nights poster (even had his own pen) and took a pic with her. Even got to chat with him for a few minutes. He was a very nice guy.

I have other pics from the premier if anyone is interested. It was truly a one in a lifetime experience.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:56 PM

182 posts, read 824,926 times
Totally awesome and a great husband you are!
Jr is my driver too and even my husband calls him my "boyfriend" now like I refer to him as.
I'm jealous of the picture thanks for sharing

Old 06-05-2007, 10:38 PM

3,830 posts, read 6,729,551 times
I am SO jealous! Kasey is my #1 guy!! My mom teases me all the time because I have 9 decals all over my Chevy!! LOL. And a license plate frame.
I also have a 25 decal. At least Mears drives a Chevy!

Old 06-05-2007, 10:46 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,377,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Unless he has moved and maybe he hasnt but Kasey Kahne has a place in Birkdale Village I know which place but so that something like this doesnt happen I wont divulge haha
YouTube - Kasey Kahne Allstate Commercial #3 "Dreamin"

You are in Nascar Country so seeing Nascar Young Guns out and about might occur if you are out on the weekday nights since oviously they are usually out of town on weekends.

Rusty Wallace has a nice home off Jetton Road in Cornelius and Dale Jr home is right across the street from DEI . I wonder if he will sale it so he dosesnt have to look at DEI after he leaves them.

Here a photo of NBA Gerald Wallace home he purchased in 2005 in Charlotte
he only paid 2.3 million

My neighbor's daughter is a huge Kasey Kahne fan. My sons lovingly calls them (mom & daughter) "the stalkers". They know where everyone in Nascar lives. LOL!! Kasey has a house on the waterfront on Lake Norman. Dale Jr. no longer lives across the street from DEI, he moved a few months ago to a new house in the area. We ran into Michael Waltrip in Brooklyn Boys last summer.

I gave up running into baseball players all the time for Nascar drivers instead when we moved to Mooresville.

BxRosie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte