Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 07:21 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,951,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS View Post
sheena, are u on the Lake?

You would think I was huh? No I'm can't afford it I'm usually at the lake every weekend though.

I'm just a few short miles away though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlTravels View Post
Another Huntersville fan here. We are a couple in our low 30s with one child and we like it a lot. Still getting used to "suburbia" - my only complaint is that my neighborhood doesn't have a neighborhood restaurant/bar/coffeeshop/gathering place (other than the pool - now that I like!)

GT

Move to the Vermillion They have their own restaurant and bar.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:36 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Vermillion is really cute reminds me of a minature city I discovered it by accident lol when I learn the short cut to concord mills mall down huntersville concord road. I like going by Metrolina Greenhouse I never seen one of that size.

Vermillion around where the shops are reminds me of like a old mill but modern or college structures me and partner have been debating did they remodel a old building or is all new. Very cute homes in that location.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Vermillion is really cute reminds me of a minature city I discovered it by accident lol when I learn the short cut to concord mills mall down huntersville concord road. I like going by Metrolina Greenhouse I never seen one of that size.

Vermillion around where the shops are reminds me of like a old mill but modern or college structures me and partner have been debating did they remodel a old building or is all new. Very cute homes in that location.

Next time you drive by there look at the old farmhouse someone moved to refurbish in the Centennial subsivision. We are across the street from the new David Weekly homes at Vermillion check out that farmhouse on the corner lot.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:45 PM

509 posts, read 1,802,577 times
Vermillion is very cute... HOWEVER, the same design company did our neighborhood in GSO and they tanked our property values by building horrendous condos... So I couldn't even get my husband to look at Vermillion...

Maybe we'll build our own here in Monteith Park.

GT

Old 06-07-2007, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Vermillion is very cute... HOWEVER, the same design company did our neighborhood in GSO and they tanked our property values by building horrendous condos... So I couldn't even get my husband to look at Vermillion...

Maybe we'll build our own here in Monteith Park.

GT

Yeah I worry about that too, but those townhomes at the Vermillion are not cheap. So far Birkdale has done well with their condos. I know where you are coming from though I agree.

Monteith is so close to downtown Huntersville as well as ours too. We can take advantage of all stuff coming in. I think it will be great!

Old 06-07-2007, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
Yeah I worry about that too, but those townhomes at the Vermillion are not cheap. So far Birkdale has done well with their condos. I know where you are coming from though I agree.

Monteith is so close to downtown Huntersville as well as ours too. We can take advantage of all stuff coming in. I think it will be great!
Yep... I think downtown Huntersville will be cute again soon. In the meantime, I keep reminding myself to get up and check out the farmer's market there.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Yep... I think downtown Huntersville will be cute again soon. In the meantime, I keep reminding myself to get up and check out the farmer's market there.

Oh yeah me too. I forgot about that. I have to find it first. I keep seeing signs but I'm not sure where it's at

Old 06-08-2007, 06:38 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,912,051 times
I am stupid, I could have bought in Vermillion three years ago, a townhome, for 135k. They are wayyyyy more than that now. I love that neighborhood. And up here, townhomes do not tank home values in a neighborhood...see Oakhurst, Vermillion, and Birkdale Village for examples of that. Mixed subdivisions are all the rage, in Charlotte too.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:22 AM

I should have clarified... it wasn't the fact they are condos... it's the fact that they are the ugliest condos known to mankind. My old GSO neighborhood was designed as a mixture of single family and condos too and was great... well, except for that particular batch of condos.

BUT, Vermillion is still really cute and they have not repeated their mistake there.

GT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte