Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 06:26 PM

611 posts, read 1,998,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
Oh, funny, just spent Sunday in Chattanooga and my sister and I called it "Boulder WannaBe" and we did not mean that in a bad way. It felt a bit like Boulder but the downtown is more spread out. The funky parts are great fun - the dog bakery, the urban art, the independent coffee shops/restaurants - It's a cool place! And I've heard there's a lot of rock climbing there!
Rock Climbing was never my thing but I know a few that love it and have moved here for it. They tell me there is a "Lifetime" of climbing right here. That just amazes me. They do add if you want the extreme climbs such as a 2,000' face you do need to head out West.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 01:17 PM

249 posts, read 659,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverView View Post
I can literally leave my home in N Chatt and be hiking on a mountain (not like the kind of mtn you are used to) in 15 minutes. Rock Climbing is only 25 to 40 min away (depending which mtn you head towards). Mtn Biking is only 20 to 25 minutes away depending on what flavor you like. Road biking is from my door. The waterfront is only 5 min away and you could launch a SUP or Kayak there for some fun. If you are in to power boating there is a ramp just 7 minutes away and others 10 and 15 minutes away. If you are in to white water kayaking the Ocoee is 45 minutes away (great mtn biking there too).

I guess the ultimate question is what do you consider "Moderate" pricing.
Of course, I can do the same things in pretty much the same timeframe from my home in Soddy Daisy, or a dozen other places in Hamilton County. It all depends on how close you want to be to downtown and how much property you want to own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga