Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 11:16 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,762,837 times

Advertisements

They'll just stagger the releases. The sedan will most likely be the only body available in a few months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 11:19 AM

1,072 posts, read 1,945,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I also find German cars are overrated and overpriced...are we nearly twinkies?
That's why every builder of mass market luxury cars around the world tries to emulate them....

38,707 posts, read 103,152,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
They'll just stagger the releases. The sedan will most likely be the only body available in a few months.
Not just "most likely" but quite certainly. The question isn't what configurations are and are not being released this summer, but when if ever the other configurations will be released.

14,780 posts, read 43,675,370 times
Quote:
I am hyped about the ATS. I don't think I'll be in the market for an ATS-V unless I wait for a used one, but the idea of the 4cyl turbo model I think is going to be the hot setup for tuners. If they make it in a wagon body...
I'm hyped about the ATS as well. The more they release on the car, the more it is obvious they made the choice to do it "right". The ATS could have easily been an overweight gimped CTS or a gussied up Malibu, but they have taken the time to do it right and develop an appropriate platform. Probably the only thing I am disappointed about is the limited applications for the manual trans. You can get a manual with either I4 and RWD, but you can't get it with the V6 or AWD. To me, I would love an AWD, turbo I4, manual ATS sedan. Talk about an Audi A4 killer.

The nice thing with this platform is that they designed it so it could be moved downmarket as well. This exact platform is slotted to be the basis for the next gen Camaro and is expected to bring the Camaro to around 3,400 pounds, which is where it needs to be (current version weighs 3,750). It also means it was designed from day one to accomodate a small block V8 and manual trans combo and the associated power levels.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Not just "most likely" but quite certainly. The question isn't what configurations are and are not being released this summer, but when if ever the other configurations will be released.

Okay, Mr. Forum Cop. I get that, I was just making an observation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
I'm hyped about the ATS as well. The more they release on the car, the more it is obvious they made the choice to do it "right". The ATS could have easily been an overweight gimped CTS or a gussied up Malibu, but they have taken the time to do it right and develop an appropriate platform. Probably the only thing I am disappointed about is the limited applications for the manual trans. You can get a manual with either I4 and RWD, but you can't get it with the V6 or AWD. To me, I would love an AWD, turbo I4, manual ATS sedan. Talk about an Audi A4 killer.
Yeah, however their AWD system (unless something changes) has never been about performance like Audi's Quattro or Nissan's ATTESA, its just been for extra traction which is why I think they believe the take rate would be much lower for those.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:

Okay, Mr. Forum Cop. I get that, I was just making an observation.
Wow. Feeling a little touchy today?

Old 02-15-2012, 11:26 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,694,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post

The nice thing with this platform is that they designed it so it could be moved downmarket as well. This exact platform is slotted to be the basis for the next gen Camaro and is expected to bring the Camaro to around 3,400 pounds, which is where it needs to be (current version weighs 3,750). It also means it was designed from day one to accomodate a small block V8 and manual trans combo and the associated power levels.
That's about the biggest reason why I'm interested, everything I've read/watched/saw about the new ATS, the more excited I get. It really does seem Cadillac has done everything possible to make the ATS the best vehicle it can be.

With Cadillac's new CUE system integrated, the ATS should have the most advanced nav/information system available. I'm really excited for an ATS-V though especially if GM puts in a small-block V8 and a good manual tranny.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Wow. Feeling a little touchy today?
Nope. Because if you had read my post you would've notice I said "THEY'LL STAGGER THE RELEASES..." which answers the "question" of WHEN/IF EVER the other configurations will be released.

I believe they are actively developing them and the other bodies will follow within 6 mos to 1MY for the coupe, and then another MY for the convertible and maybe the wagon. To insure a good roll out and a problem free product, they'll keep things as simple as possible for the factory. Every manufacturer does this. Sandbagging and being cagey with the cards they will play to make BMW wonder is just part of the game.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Nope. Because if you had read my post you would've notice I said "THEY'LL STAGGER THE RELEASES..." which answers the "question" of WHEN/IF EVER the other configurations will be released.

I believe they are actively developing them and the other bodies will follow within 6 mos to 1MY.
I did read your post and also noticed that it said "[t]he sedan will most likely be the only body available in a few months" leaving open the possibility that others will also be available in a few months. No need to get pissy at me for noticing your post contained contradictory speculations.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
I did read your post and also noticed that it said "[t]he sedan will most likely be the only body available in a few months" leaving open the possibility that others will also be available in a few months. No need to get pissy at me for noticing your post contained contradictory speculations.
Man, I'll make sure I have my posts proofread by a english professor next time.

What I meant by saying that is because SOME people MIGHT think that unless all four bodies roll out at the same time in a few months that Cadillac did indeed cancel development which would not be the case. That a staggered roll out is to be expected no matter what.

There was nothing contradictory (or pissy) about what I said, just you looking for something to pick at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC