Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 12:21 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Fungus View Post
I never received a donut for free from this government in my life.

The IRS says you are a tax cheat
Small Business Owner: The IRS Says You Are Tax Cheat
I am sure *some* small business are but this small business owner is not no matter what the IRS says.
I can tell you the IRS doesn't call me a tax cheat when they deposit that check each quarter.

Edited to add: How honest do you think anyone is going to believe you are after reading your first post on this thread?
Honest people do not ask for advice to get out of paying for something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 05:59 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
I make over the cut off but live pay check to pay check. I am sick and tired of this state sucking me dry and small businesses owners getting everything for free while suckers like me pay for everything.

Can I just bs on those school forms or will they actually look at family income?
Quote:
I know many small business owners who report they are making 28k a year when they are making 5 times that amount. This equals free healthcare and college for children. It happens all the time, i would be willing less than 2% of business owners are 100% honest about the income they make.
Quote:
I never received a donut for free from this government in my life.

The IRS says you are a tax cheat
Small Business Owner: The IRS Says You Are Tax Cheat
Quote:
Ever hear of financial aid? I know people who's parents made twice as much as mine and they got to go to college for free. Hell they even got a stipend to buy books, while my honest ass was paying 20k a year.
I just realized that this thread is not about the welfare of your children and their daily nutrition requirements met.
It is all about *YOU* getting something for nothing because you have the mistaken belief that all
small business owners are tax cheats who get welfare because they lie.
It appears you want what you believe you deserve that everyone else is getting and you are not.
You do not appear to have what is best for your children on your agenda.

Old 08-17-2016, 06:18 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,334,693 times
Great life lesson you plan on teaching your children--lying for free stuff.

Old 08-17-2016, 07:10 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,247,845 times
Quote:
Ever hear of financial aid? I know people who's parents made twice as much as mine and they got to go to college for free. Hell they even got a stipend to buy books, while my honest ass was paying 20k a year.
That was more common years ago. Now, lie on the FAFSA forms about income and the govt
will hammer you.

I don't believe you are even remotely aware of the fact that each year millions of
scholarship and grant monies end up unused/unclaimed.

Stop playing the victim for five minutes instead of deciding whether or not
you feel entitled to game the system. Buy cereal/oatmeal/fruit in bulk for your
kids like my mom did back in the day for a cheap breakfast.

Old 08-17-2016, 07:35 AM

2,894 posts, read 2,450,103 times
If that's the way you want to raise your children and teach them about honesty, integrity, and doing things the right and honorable way, then feel free to try it.

If you get caught though, remember who made that proverbial bed - they're gonna have to lie in it. Oh - and don't forget about Karma - she's a pretty unforgiving you-know-what.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:32 AM

748 posts, read 832,160 times
I'd be delighted if OP would release his record of tax returns over the years. Would be interesting to see how OP is 'sucked dry' by the state.

Seems like OP's children are in public school. Does OP use public roads? Mass transit? Infrastructure paid for by *all* of our taxes?

I'm gratified to see the appropriate, and reasonable, responses by board members here.

Old 08-17-2016, 10:00 AM

529 posts, read 646,818 times
Back in the day it used to be shameful to accept government assistance. Now people want to lie about their income to get assistance.

Surely there has to be a middle ground.

My advice to the OP, live within your means and take responsibility. Pay off debt, move to a cheaper place for a while, sell off things you dont need. I did it and I went from living paycheck to paycheck with a ton of debt to owning a house and accumulating wealth without a major change in income.

Old 08-17-2016, 12:01 PM

103 posts, read 150,044 times
Hot damn! I need to start a small business.

Old 08-17-2016, 12:05 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,200,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damba View Post
That was more common years ago. Now, lie on the FAFSA forms about income and the govt
will hammer you.

When I was applying for financial aid more than 20 years ago, I had to provide a copy of my federal tax forms. The IRS knows all!!

Old 08-17-2016, 01:01 PM

1,951 posts, read 1,635,277 times
You want free food for your kids. Other children need the food to live. How is this even a question?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs