Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 09:28 AM

3 posts, read 26,281 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am moving to Lagrange next month and am having trouble finding information about parking to take the Metra.

Does anyone know -

Are spots easy to come by at the main station or the stone ave station?

What is the fee?

Are there different options, ie - daily fee spots, metered parking, parking permit with the city.

I am starting to wonder if I will have to take a 6AM train to get a spot...Ideally, I'd like to take one around 7-7:30 - will there be parking left by then?

Thank you all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 09:43 AM

28,455 posts, read 85,332,804 times
Some parking is handled by the municipality, it is pretty limited. Metra / LaGrange Road Station Information

You might have better luck using the YMCA parking, I have known several people that were happy with that, don't know the cost, or even availability as the Y has moved their programs.

LaGrange built a large multi level garage, not sure if they have any spaces for rail commuters...

Old 12-17-2008, 11:56 AM

677 posts, read 4,209,369 times
You can definitely park in the parking garage, I know people who do that. It's a short walk from there to the Metra station.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:48 AM

3 posts, read 26,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahava View Post
You can definitely park in the parking garage, I know people who do that. It's a short walk from there to the Metra station.

Thank you both very much.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:24 AM

1 posts, read 11,653 times
Did this pan out? Can you really park in the parking garage? If so, do you have to get there really early? I called the municipality and there is parking behind the YMCA or 3 blks west of Stone Ave Station for $25 a month.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:07 AM

11,975 posts, read 31,776,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajmowj View Post
Did this pan out? Can you really park in the parking garage? If so, do you have to get there really early? I called the municipality and there is parking behind the YMCA or 3 blks west of Stone Ave Station for $25 a month.
Any waiting list on this $25 parking? Or is it available now?

Old 02-12-2009, 01:59 PM

26 posts, read 295,404 times
The best parking is $40 to $45 per month. There is usually a several month waiting list for this parking. Call the Village of LaGrange. There are metered spots, but I think they go fast.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:28 PM

2 posts, read 19,807 times
Don't Park in the Garage unless it's shorter than 3 hours or you can get a ticket.
My wife goes downtown once a week on Tuesday's for a job and has gotten two tickets that she is fighting in court because the parking garage was built for commuters with goverment money that La grange got.
After her court date on May 7, 2010, I will post the results.
PS When it is nice out, she rides her bike from the south end of La grange so she doesn't have to take a chance getting a ticket.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:49 AM

2 posts, read 19,807 times
I started using the Metra from the Lagrange station a few years ago in order to save on gas expenses, as I had previously been driving 16 miles round trip to the Orange Line Pulaski station. Parking fees were also being increased in the CTA parking lot. I have lived in Lagrange for 26 years and have paid real estate taxes here for that long. I commute downtown to a part time job ONE day a week and use the parking garage only during the winter months for 5 hours. Parking is allowed for 3 hours between 9a.m. and I believe 4p.m. The garage was originally built to accommodate commuters, and approximately $3,000,000 in government funds was received by the village based on this use. I have received two parking tickets in that garage and told that it is NOT a commuter garage. I will be going to court next month with documentation proving the original intent of the garage, and hopefully prevail. It is too bad that the village of Lagrange feels the need to harrass residents in this way, particularly senior residents like myself. In order to prevent this travesty, I commute to the train station on my bicycle whenever weather permits. This eliminates a great deal of stress and anxiety that should not be present in the first place.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:03 AM

11,975 posts, read 31,776,941 times
I'm wondering if anyone has updated information about Metra parking in La Grange. How long is the waiting list for permit parking? How is the non-permit parking situation? Do you have to get there early?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs