Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 10:22 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,632,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSideWhiteTrash View Post
...but where's the outrage over the overwhelming numbers of white people living in all the predominantly white areas??? I may sound like some sort of hypocrite because I'm white myself, but I want a little pepper, paprika, and chilies with my salt, you know?
Where is YOUR outrage over the overwhelming numbers of blacks living in predominantly black areas?

This should get interesting very quickly.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 11:00 PM

16 posts, read 30,216 times
Glendale Heights is #1

Old 01-03-2009, 11:20 PM

45 posts, read 151,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Where is YOUR outrage over the overwhelming numbers of blacks living in predominantly black areas?

This should get interesting very quickly.

I blame white flight for most of the predominantly black neighborhoods around Chicago. If you think about it, if white people didn't leave in a mass exodus from their neighborhoods like racists every single time some black people moved in on the same block, then Chicago would not be one of the most segregated major cities in the United States today.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:18 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,632,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSideWhiteTrash View Post
I blame white flight for most of the predominantly black neighborhoods around Chicago. If you think about it, if white people didn't leave in a mass exodus from their neighborhoods like racists every single time some black people moved in on the same block, then Chicago would not be one of the most segregated major cities in the United States today.
You should blame many (but not all) blacks in Chicago and to a lessor degree in the burbs for committing crimes once they move into a neighborhood and neglecting the upkeep of their own homes. Who in their right mind would want to live around people like that?

You need to think before you speak.During the riots in the 60's BLACKS BURNED DOWN THEIR OWN NEIGHBORHOODS AND LOOTED THE STORES OF ANYONE THAT DID BUSINESS IN THEM. Yeah seeing that happen would have really have made me want to move into a majority Black neighborhood or open a store in one after the late 60's.

Clean up your own backyard first before blaming others for fleeing once you move into an area and immediately start to turn it to crap.

It is so easy to blame the white man for everything...

Last edited by Avengerfire; 01-04-2009 at 01:37 AM..

Old 09-18-2011, 09:13 AM

4 posts, read 5,635 times
Default Just like you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priya88 View Post
My husband got a job in chicago downtown. We are newly married and looking for a decent apartment for rent ($1100-1500) in suburbs near chicago. We were thinking of considering areas like Oak brook, Schaumburg, Naperville, Arlington heights, Skokie, Wheaton....(It's really confusing to decide about)
Which area would be easy to commute (in train) to chicago downtown? Approximately, how much time would it take? How crowded would the trains be during office hrs(8-5)??
I would really appreciate your help. As I have come recently to USA from India, we are looking for a decent place with some Indian people (of our age group) around.
Hi Priya..

I am in the same situation as you were before..My husband got a job in chicago downtown and looking for an apt with indian community and close to metra station for commute..i know you have explored a lot and it will be great if u can help me..
Looks like u are in Naperville..so can u gimme the apt names over thr and how much time does it take for ur husband to commute and all..

Thanks in advance..

Old 09-18-2011, 12:12 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,929,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykaruturi View Post
Hi Priya..

I am in the same situation as you were before..My husband got a job in chicago downtown and looking for an apt with indian community and close to metra station for commute..i know you have explored a lot and it will be great if u can help me..
Looks like u are in Naperville..so can u gimme the apt names over thr and how much time does it take for ur husband to commute and all..

Thanks in advance..
The OP is from 2008. It is unlikely that she will answer. I suggest that you start a new thread asking about your own situation.

There are large Indian communities in many of the suburbs as well as in the city itself. Things will depend on what kind of community you are looking for. My dil is Indian and her parents are Gudjarati. They live in the portion of Skokie that goes to Evanston schools. They own a house though. I am not sure if there are good apartments in Skokie that would fit your needs, but there is a large Indian population there.

Old 09-18-2011, 06:42 PM

24 posts, read 46,605 times
we live in lisle but naperville schools green trails is our subdivision huge indian population for sure here

Old 09-18-2011, 11:03 PM

22 posts, read 102,751 times
Glendale Heights has a large Indian population. International Village Apartments in Lombard also has a fairly large number of Indian residents. Neither are within walking distance of the train, but both are an approximate 10 min or less drive to the train.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:04 AM

1,594 posts, read 3,057,764 times
Schaumburg has a large Indian population.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:12 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,696,594 times
The City of Chicago has a large Indian population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs