Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 03:00 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,610,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanko75 View Post
Can you not just invite him over for a steak and some beer and ask him not to?
I like that. Unfortunately, in the four decades our families have lived next to each other, we have never had much in common.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 03:04 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
Our property has been "in the family" for almost 40 years. I have spent my whole life here. We aren't exactly part of the "new generation" of mini van driving suburbanites who commute to work in Cook County every day. (We are not baahahaaa sheep)

You think I 'm the only one complaining? Everyone on the whole friggin raod has signs in their front yard, and I'm sure the guy has gotten some nasy letters from my neighbors.

As I said before, I think the issue has been settled. I don't need anymore help from you guys - not that you were any help in the first place.

MOD- Shut this thread down.
I don't give a frack how long your family has lived there, and I don't care how many people are complaining. That does not change the fact that you live in an uninorporated area. If you want the benefits of living in an incorporated area, then you need to accept the burdens of living in an incorporated area. Such as the burden of moving to one.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:07 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,758,251 times
Quote:
MOD- Shut this thread down.

Why, because instead of getting sympathy so many people think you're a meddler and a hypocrite?

Last edited by Irishtom29; 04-15-2009 at 04:02 PM..

Old 04-15-2009, 06:35 PM

657 posts, read 1,600,177 times
Quote:
That's a really dumb way of looking at my problem.

You are absolutely no help to me whatsoever. Go dig a hole in the ground somewhere.
sweet, since you're going to be a child about it, do me a favor and go get the shovel out of your toybox? or did you have that removed as an eyesore too?

the only reason you want this thread shut down is because you expected everyone to unanimously agree with you, and when they didn't, it embarrassed you to the point that you'd rather just make it all go away.

don't worry.. i'm not out to get you. i won't be moving to chicago anytime soon, nor will i lose any sleep over the fact that you don't like celphone towers.

however.. I didn't realize how much companies paid for that, and will be looking into possibly hosting a tower myself.. Yes, i will think about you while it is being constructed.. and i will chuckle to myself.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I don't give a frack how long your family has lived there, and I don't care how many people are complaining. That does not change the fact that you live in an uninorporated area. If you want the benefits of living in an incorporated area, then you need to accept the burdens of living in an incorporated area. Such as the burden of moving to one.
No, my friend, I can make things happen. By way of a Village Hall, or by way of a lawyer. I know my fledgling, broke neighbor could never afford to go to court with me. Let's just hope it doesn't come to that. I always prefer peaceful resolutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J double R View Post

however.. I didn't realize how much companies paid for that, and will be looking into possibly hosting a tower myself.. Yes, i will think about you while it is being constructed.. and i will chuckle to myself.
I thought the biggest industry in that part of the country was trapping wild boars. I don't know if cell companies would even be interested, you live in a small town in the middle of nowhere.

Even if they were, you wouldn't get as much as a tower in the Chicago 'burbs.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
No, my friend, I can make things happen. By way of a Village Hall, or by way of a lawyer. I know my fledgling, broke neighbor could never afford to go to court with me. Let's just hope it doesn't come to that. I always prefer peaceful resolutions.
Right, you prefer the peaceful solution of getting the government to use force to prevent your neighbor from doing with his own property that which is evidently within his right to do. You can't even follow your own logic. And while your "broke" neighbor may not have many resources at his disposal, AT&T has the legal resources to squeeze your nuts without breaking a sweat. So, good luck with that.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Right, you prefer the peaceful solution of getting the government to use force to prevent your neighbor from doing with his own property that which is evidently within his right to do. You can't even follow your own logic. And while your "broke" neighbor may not have many resources at his disposal, AT&T has the legal resources to squeeze your nuts without breaking a sweat. So, good luck with that.
Who made you a lawyer? Are you speaking? Or, are you just on another rant? That's what I thought.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:14 PM

I'm gonna laugh my ass off when you wake up one day to a cell phone array towering over your property.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:22 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,353,293 times
As far as I am concerned, there is little to no benefits of living in an unincorporated area for me in my county. Taxes are just as high as living in a town... the sole pro - we don't have a water bill because we are on well.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
I'm gonna laugh my ass off when you wake up one day to a cell phone array towering over your property.
It will never happen, as of last week. That's why this thread has no use other than for me to make fun of people who live on little slices of suburban property or in apartments in the city. Oh, the joys of no traffic, endless MILF's, cougars, BIG Dominicks, golf courses, forest preserves and beautiful lakes! Life is good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs