Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 09:12 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times

Advertisements

Yep, life is good living in your little slice of Redneckia where there's little to no zoning to stop your "sleaze ball" redneck neighbor from doing something to irritate his whining, thin-skinned, meddling neighbor. Given how derisively you speak of him, we can be certain that if it ain't this, it'll be something else. And it will probably be even more hilarious. I'm thinking maybe a mink farm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 06:22 AM

657 posts, read 1,600,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Yep, life is good living in your little slice of Redneckia where there's little to no zoning to stop your "sleaze ball" redneck neighbor from doing something to irritate his whining, thin-skinned, meddling neighbor. Given how derisively you speak of him, we can be certain that if it ain't this, it'll be something else. And it will probably be even more hilarious. I'm thinking maybe a mink farm.
or perhaps an american flag in his yard? sounds like even that would chap this guy's arse right good.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:44 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
that can't be good for him or the neighbors...health wise. it's never a good thing to live under a large area of electricity and/or cellular phone waves. It can have adverse effects on one's health and the enivronment itself. There have been cases where people have thought there house was haunted when in reality, power lines were effecting the eletromagnetic field of the immediate area playing tricks with cameras and lights.
so that explains all those "my celebrity ghost story" tv programs.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:29 AM

188 posts, read 567,373 times
When I moved to my 8 acre neighborhood yard, I had a neighbor anonymously call our local government to inspect for any possible code violations on the fence I was installing (she didn't like the looks of it).... and it wasn't chain link. The code inspector had the name of the person who made the call...so I know.

So, I had already invested $5,000 on the front portion... only partially constructed... when we had to stop everything and worry about the inspection and the loss of the cash.

The inspector found nothing and we carried on. Also, two years later, we have the entire fence line gardened up and with a beautiful, tree'd hedge where before there was nothing but weedy grass.... it might be the best looking front fence for miles.

So now we are getting an offer for a cell tower! Oh man.... I'm still thinking about it, but it would be sweet, sweet revenge on that meddling neighbor!... all the while, I get paid.

I have never really noticed cell towers, so not so sure that I find them offensive.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:41 PM

221 posts, read 204,405 times
Default Stop the cell tower

What ever happened in the case of OP stopping the cell tower? Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:36 PM

2,754 posts, read 7,424,925 times
OP is in jail for attempting to cut it down.

Old 11-04-2013, 03:24 PM

4,003 posts, read 6,101,240 times
probably not much you can do to stop it. something that concerns me though the us doesn't recognize it is emf waves from power lines and cell phones lines. in many european countries it's considered a toxic material or cancer causing material but not in the us. i wouldn't wanna live under those towers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs