Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 09:23 PM

217 posts, read 581,061 times

Advertisements

"Mark my words.... Robbins will be the greatest place to live"
I'm already packing my stuff and gonna call the realtor tomorrow. Can't wait to move to Robbins!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 09:50 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,063,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother & Community Leade View Post
Many of you who post things here about Robbins, have no idea how hard it is to market Robbins in a better light when posters on this site continue to make false assumptions. I was born and raised in Robbins. I still live there. I am 35 years of age, college educated and yes Robbins is home to me. Robbins is a very distressed community, but instead of running away I decided I would stay to help my community to be better place. We are working very hard to turn around the political, social and economic condition of Robbins. So I would suggest those who don't have anything good to say, how about encourage or help Robbins to do better.....Mark my words.... Robbins will be the greatest place to live and that is because citizen like myself and others will never give up on a black historical town like Robbins......Change is happening in Robbins
Good for you. It's admirable that you kept true to your hometown. As long as you're not someone turns up thier nose at someone who chose to GTFO out there, I commend you. Nonetheless, I wouldn't count on any kind of renovation. Black folks that are REMOTELY privledged buy houses in other south suburbs like Park Forest or Dolton - Not Robbins. If you want "black history," there's always Bronsville in the city. Robbins is a bit of a dump.. sorry.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:29 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,063,305 times
I meant "GTFO of there".

Old 11-01-2012, 01:16 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,416,788 times
The main thing I know about Robbins is that Miami Heat player Dwyane Wade lived there for several years when he was a kid.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:28 PM

12 posts, read 14,290 times
Robbins is a dump since they closed the new projects in Robbins and are no longer renting the old ones out, the people are migrating into the neighborhoods and they,ve never lived in one. They act like wild animals watching every move you make so when you leave they can break in. I've been in robbins all my life and to have a better life i will as they say move the teenagers are ignorant and they're parents are worst. Its not a town or a village its a dumping ground for uneducated, dont care about nothing, never worked, not trying to, no morals, piece of cramp town anyone ever wanted to live in for someone to break in a home 8 times and you have to constantly look over your shoulders is a bit much so i say leave This Place dont look back. When the working class of robbins move which i know of eight families that are moving out including me. Leave the thieves, murderers and crooks behind then they can rape, rob, and kill each other no revenue, no village no people a dying community and i place all the blame on the former police chief and major. Although since then things have gotten a lot better the trustees of robbins should give the village to the county that way when booboo get arrested you want feel sorry for MOMMY/DADDY because they the cook county sheriff didnt grow up out here and want feel obligated to come up with a dumbass ideal like the point system trying to save a person who is bent on being a criminal. You have to think like them they( the criminals)dont care when they rob you so why is robbins concerned about a 12, 13. 14, etc age child when they know right from wrong but just want to be a criminal mean while the tax payers taxes, home owners insurance, water , home security and everything else is gone through the roof priorities are my friend and the tax payer can go to hell. TOO MUCH I KNOW THIS KID DO YOUR JOB. Robbins police are doing their best I congratulate them. ITS NOT THE POLICE ITS THE DUMBASS POINT SYSTEM whoever thought of it had an idea but its not working here these people arent normal. SO why are you people trying to make sense out of non-sense its not a good program and soooooooooooooooo do away with and thats why we the 8 families will be relocating to a town that do their job break in a home jail no points.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:03 AM

what luck run as fast as you can and as far as raising kids in robbins HELL NO

Old 03-12-2013, 12:07 AM

SO what if you cant come out to go to these places you are a joke and so is the town. I grew up here left and came back im glad my mom isnt here to witness this nonsense going on with the teenagers it has never been this bad and i hate to say until one of these kids die breaking into someones home its gonna get worst.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:12 AM

You sound like a zip idiot. OK you buy the property. Who you gonna rent to. If ROBBINS were that great why are the people moving.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:21 AM

I live here i have a voice and to tell the truth is all iam doing not judging. SIMPLY STATING ITS NOT A GOOD AREA> TO MOVE INTO THESE PEOPLE ARENT GONNA CHANGE. you have generational thieves here their families when i was growing up was the same now their offsprings are as they were and so on so what i see in ROBBINS is dumb people having dumb kids and they have more and the kids having dumb kids WAKE UP the only thing that is constant is the same families are doing the same thing section 8 more kids what we cant buy will take.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:25 AM

I live here i said to channel 2 5 7 9 and fox news. Its the truth stop feeling bad for robbins they made it like this. Who cares im moving elgin sounds nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs