Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2010, 05:40 PM

26 posts, read 47,273 times

Advertisements

So, I got a 2 week trial for this job I've applied for, they have me staying at the extended stay in Lansing. I was wondering if anyone knows anything goin on this weekend or any recommendations for things to do this weekend. I'm 24 years old, single and lookin maybe to meet some ladies in the chicago area. So can anyone give me any advice on singles area or ways to get there without having to drive the whole way down there? If anyone in the same situation as me wants to go out and check out the town, I'm up for it. Also I want to check out areas with apts I might want to live I've heard south loop, logan square and I'm possibly thinkin of just sucking up the hour commute and maybe looking at places in lincoln square, to check out these neighborhoods what streets should I be lookin for to GPS??

The help would be really appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 06:31 PM

1,728 posts, read 4,728,515 times
Can we assume your company is located in the south suburbs? What is your budget? If you are willing to commute an hour, live in the South Loop or downtown, i.e. "Near North Side" which is the neighborhoods of Old Town, Gold Coast, Streeterville, and River North. River North has the easiest highway access. The traffic is brutal on the Dan Ryan in the afternoon either way, but morning should be clear. If you live in the South Loop or downtown, you can exit around Bridgeport in the afternoon and drive north toward home on local streets.

Traffic north of downtown in the afternoons will make you miserable, even morning gets jammed up early going south. Logan Square and Lincoln Square are too far north.

The South Loop and downtown have large apartment buildings so you can just google that. Also check out craigslist, it has a lot of management companies advertising properties in those areas. Call the management companies listed on there directly, they are pretty desperate for renters right now.

You will have to go into the city for nightlife while you are here for 2 weeks. There is nothing going on in the south burbs. Maybe you can check out the riverboats in Hammond on the Indiana side, that is close by.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:25 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,621,939 times
He already has this thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/chica...-bachelor.html

Old 09-28-2010, 08:30 PM

26 posts, read 47,273 times
^I know the apartment situation, I was just asking for additional advice for things to do and ways to get to the neighrborhoods I wanted to check out, I was requesting way more information than my first post

Old 09-28-2010, 08:32 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,621,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittsburghNate11 View Post
^I know the apartment situation, I was just asking for additional advice for things to do and ways to get to the neighrborhoods I wanted to check out, I was requesting way more information than my first post
I was responding to chitown85.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:07 AM

38 posts, read 87,947 times
Nate - If you're interested in Lincoln Square, I would probably check out the area around the intersection of N. Lincoln Avenue and Western Avenue. Head down Lincoln from there - Lincoln Square is a pretty big neighborhood but parking and walking around this area should give you a good idea of some parts of it.

If you're interested in Logan Square, I would suggest heading to the intersection of N. Kedzie/N. Milwaukee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago