Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 03:35 PM

994 posts, read 1,830,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJaye View Post
While I live in Logan Square, and really like Logan Square, I did think it would be neat to live in Bucktown/Wicker Park with all of the nightlife (and daylife) close by. But, I found that I got a lot more for my money in Logan Square.
I get the feeling Logan Square will get pretty vibrant in the near future, especially along Milwaukee Ave. Maybe not as much as Wicker Park, but I only see Logan Square getting better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 04:01 PM

77 posts, read 171,744 times
Aimed for Wicker Park and I've been living there for two years. If I move next year, I'm thinking Ukrainian Village though.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:01 PM

4,619 posts, read 8,170,326 times
Aimed for River North and have been here seven years now. Am beginning to consider my options for a 2 or 3-flat instead, but haven't gotten far enough along in the thought process to decide where. Range of possibilities are still pretty diverse and include Andersonville, McKinley Park, Ukranian Village, West Lakeview are all on the table.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:35 PM

332 posts, read 525,092 times
Aimed for Lakeview East and/or Buena Park when I moved here. Landed in Edgewater. Edgewater has been a very pleasant surprise for me. Either way, barring any standard major life disclaimers, being within easy walking distance of Lake Michigan is an absolute non-negotiable for me.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:28 AM

1,478 posts, read 2,413,339 times
Lived in Wicker Park before getting priced out. Then moved to East Village very close to the border of Ukranian Village, then Noble Square, then back to Wicker Park with a better paying job where I remained for the better part of a decade. I only moved out of the neighborhood to help with my wife's commute.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:59 AM

3,396 posts, read 7,211,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikid View Post
I get the feeling Logan Square will get pretty vibrant in the near future, especially along Milwaukee Ave. Maybe not as much as Wicker Park, but I only see Logan Square getting better.
Vogue magazine just declared Logan Square to be :

Quote:
Another Happening ’Hood . . .
To witness a neighborhood that’s evolving this very minute, check out Logan Square in northwest Chicago. Formerly largely Latino, Logan Square, with its taquerias and bodegas, is now also home to a burgeoning number of sleek cafés, wine bars, restaurants, and even a hip hotel.
Sweet Jesus, if it hits Vogue it has pretty much jumped the shark I guess.

Time to move to Avondale

Old 08-04-2011, 07:23 AM

2,418 posts, read 6,255,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago76 View Post
Lived in Wicker Park before getting priced out. Then moved to East Village very close to the border of Ukranian Village, then Noble Square, then back to Wicker Park with a better paying job where I remained for the better part of a decade. I only moved out of the neighborhood to help with my wife's commute.
What did rents in Wicker Park used to be like? My curiousity about current rental pricing in Wicker Park was piqued after I went to the fest. Holy hell, that's an unsuspectingly pricy neighborhood.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:31 AM

1,520 posts, read 2,575,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannheimMadman View Post
What did rents in Wicker Park used to be like? My curiousity about current rental pricing in Wicker Park was piqued after I went to the fest. Holy hell, that's an unsuspectingly pricy neighborhood.
It was as cheap as Rogers Park is now not all that long ago and yes, pricey as all get out.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:40 AM

2,418 posts, read 6,255,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleking View Post
It was as cheap as Rogers Park is now not all that long ago and yes, pricey as all get out.
That's absolutely astounding, considering how cheap Rogers Park is.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:22 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
I think we would have ended up in the Southport Corridor, but it wasn't price that kept us out (especially given how expensive Wicker Park ended up being for us) it was commute considerations. Having to head southwest made Lakeview damn near impossible to consider.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago