Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2012, 12:35 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxCub Fan View Post
I dont hate black women...actually thats a ridiculous statement so far from the truth that its hilarious. First of all, there is no such group that exists called "black women"...lets be clear. If by black women you mean African American women, then I would say no I'm not too fond of that particular culture or subsect of African women (Africa is A HUGE CONTINENT). Its a must that we are specific and stray from broad terms. For some reason African Americans believe they are the only people of African descent that matter or their specific breeding is the only representation of African people. This is why I detest the term black and only use it just to communicate with people who dont know any better, to the detriment of perpetuating its use! SMH. At any rate, I looove women of African descent...Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Belizeans, Afro Brazilian, Ethiopians, Guyanese, African descent women raised in European countries (Sade for example)....I LOVE LOVE these women...TOP CHOICE to me. African American women on the other hand, whom I've had the most experience with are victims of a bad breeding system that creates characteristics, and personality traits that are unfavorable to me. Not all, but I would say about a good 70% fall in this pile. Now the other 30% whom are usually raised in middle class communities, 2 parent home, well educated parents, attended diverse schools allowing them to be exposed to influences outside of the stereotypical African American community usually are the best African American women to date, these are the diamonds in the rough of African American women....in other words a Sandra and Denise Huxtable...LMAO!! a man who can find one of that particular type of African American woman is lucky. Or a Tia and Tamara type. Well rounded, grounded, smart, with strong values; not caught up in the stereotypical ****ery that plagues the other 70%.

Now as far as non-African descent women...I LOVE THEM AS WELL..and would marry a woman of European descent in a heartbeat. There is nothing wrong with mixed children, my son is half Ukrainian...and is a very happy child. LMAO

Again as I stated before you suffer from a limited perspective, and really need to open your eyes a little more. You should focus more on personal growth and less on finding a man.
I refer to myself as a Black woman because that is just what I am. I did not mean to imply that there were not other black people from other parts of the world.

However, I noticed you didn't name any Black women that you 'love' from West African countries--why is that?

You come across as very judgemental and elitist and you look down on black women who are from lower middle class environments. They can't help that they didn't come from a priviledged background, none of them asked God to bring them into a world without a father. You are just one of those black people who gets gratification out of looking down on blacks that you deem as inferior. You're the reason why the black community is so divided.

Last edited by nyanna; 01-01-2012 at 12:48 PM..

Old 01-01-2012, 12:37 PM

139 posts, read 170,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
Nyanna, I am noticing that you're only responding to the negative posters. Those who say that Chicago Black men are colorstruck, and those who say your only hope is for IR dating, those are the posters you choose to respond to.

Many posters, including myself, have told you that with a positive attitude about your self, you will have no trouble with finding positive motivated Black men to date. Yet those posts are ignored... So it looks to outsiders that you are surrounding yourself with negativity.

It's a new year, and you always have a choice. If you choose to believe that their are no Chicago Black men for you, that they all want light-skinned women, then that is what you will find.

But you can always make a different choice...
Just to clarify, I never stated that her only option was IR dating. I advised Nyanna to open up her options to ALL quality men who adhere to her individual requirements. This includes, black males from the African diaspora.

Also, I never stated that there are no Chicago black men for her, or that they all want light-skinned women. I simply presented her with information on colorism.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen2323 View Post
I think it's notable to mention that Jay-z is a fairly light complected black man himself. Jayz and beyonce are less than one color shade apart from one another. Lauryn Hill was with and had her children with Rohan Marley who is Bob Marleys son. Bob Marley was half white and Rohan is also a light complected black man who is even lighter complected than his father was. Much lighter than lauryn hill who is somewhat dark skinned.

Why is it when black women are single, it immediately comes down to race? I think black women who place there relationship issues on being black are not being real with themselves. It certainly isn't because they are black that they are single. Some of them have obvious personal issues like being overweight, bad attitude, past relationships issues that resulted in them already having a kid/kids but no father, etc. And others just aren't willing to accept what kind of guy that they truly deserve. They want better, but better doesn't want them.

We have to also remember that many blacks, both men and women are multicultural. Even though in america we don't acknowledge this for some reason. I know many light complected black men who preferred to marry and have kids with similarly light complected women. Which makes since to me to want a family and kids who have similar features to yourself.
and darkskin men marry lighter women for the same reasons though. does that make sense to you too?

Quote:
Why is it when black women are single, it immediately comes down to race? I think black women who place there relationship issues on being black are not being real with themselves. It certainly isn't because they are black that they are single.
Some of them have been told by other men and ppl in their family that they were not wanted because they were too dark, or too black. They didn't decide to feel this way on their own.

I was watching telelvision about single black women in America, and the women who had a hard time finding a date were very attractive women who were not overweight. So how do you explain that?

Old 01-01-2012, 01:00 PM

207 posts, read 506,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I refer to myself as a Black woman because that is just what I am. I did not mean to imply that there were not other black people from other parts of the world.

However, I noticed you didn't name any Black women that you 'love' from West African countries--why is that?
You are a black woman? Please define the term black? I will wait!! Is it a country? Continent? A scientific classification? Exactly. Its a crock of $hit that you were taught by someone else was even more confused who learned it from someone else with an agenda. You are simply an African American woman PERIOD. An American cultured woman of African descent. You should really do some reading and research!

Quote:
However, I noticed you didn't name any Black women that you 'love' from West African countries--why is that
Do I HAVE to love all women from Africa, I didnt name any from Central or South....whats your point? You're campaigning that I hate black women is a lame one.

At any rate if what Im saying doesnt make sense to you....watch this video from youtube...this guy does a great job of explaining it:

I am NOT Black. - YouTube

Old 01-01-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
You are a black woman? Please define the term black? I will wait!! Is it a country? Continent? A scientific classification? Exactly. Its a crock of $hit that you were taught by someone else was even more confused who learned it from someone else with an agenda. You are simply an African American woman PERIOD. An American cultured woman of African descent. You should really do some reading and research!

Do I HAVE to love all women from Africa, I didnt name any from Central or South....whats your point? You're campaigning that I hate black women is a lame one.

At any rate if what Im saying doesnt make sense to you....watch this video from youtube...this guy does a great job of explaining it:

I am NOT Black. - YouTube
You are overreacting. I am a Black woman, period. I can call myself whatever the heck I want.

Quote:
I'd like to hear your reasons for leaving out central, and west africa though.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:10 PM

829 posts, read 2,088,809 times
Quote:
and darkskin men marry lighter women for the same reasons though. does that make sense to you too?

Some of them have been told by other men and ppl in their family that they were not wanted because they were too dark, or too black. They didn't decide to feel this way on their own.

I was watching telelvision about single black women in America, and the women who had a hard time finding a date were very attractive women who were not overweight. So how do you explain that?
Well I think it's pretty hard to deny the obvious fact that most multiracial people have distinctive looks that make them physically more desirable not only to black men and women but to all other races of men and women as well. A large percentage of the multiracial population in america gets blanketed is being black when in fact they are multiracial. This is a throw back of the one drop rule from slavery and is just how american society likes to categorize people under one race or another.

It's unfortunate that many black people do not see this. They tend to try to compare themselves with multiracial blacks and come up with terms like good hair and redbone. Terms used by blacks who attempt to categorize a multiracial person who is basically just part black as being all black. Multiracial blacks make up such a large portion of the black population in america we almost tend to overlook it. I usually see a dark complected black man with a obviously multiracial women who appears to have some black in her and I think interracial relationship. Although many black women and a lot of america just see two blacks one lighter skinned and another dark skinned.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:10 PM

207 posts, read 506,813 times
Quote:
You come across as very judgemental and elitist and you look down on black women who are from lower middle class environments. They can't help that they didn't come from a priviledged background, none of them asked God to bring them into a world without a father. You are just one of those black people who gets gratification out of looking down on blacks that you deem as inferior. You're the reason why the black community is so divided.
I believe that everyone should take responsibility for educating themselves. Yet people refuse to simply head to a very free library and research any information pertaining to their history, culture, ethnicity, psychological problems, finances, etc!! They refuse to uplift themselves from their current state but instead spend their resources on trash that on drives them further into society's hell hole. No I have no sympathy. In 2012 with the internet, libraries, book stores....information is almost too easy to access. In the 50's and 60's it was different. I have no sympathy anymore. If you choose to remain brainwashed, uncivilized, and uncultured that is your own fault! You choose to ignore the library and instead go over Ray Ray's house smoke weed and make babies...thats your own fault. Not elitist at all just brutally honest!

Old 01-01-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I believe that everyone should take responsibility for educating themselves. Yet people refuse to simply head to a very free library and research any information pertaining to their history, culture, ethnicity, psychological problems, finances, etc!! They refuse to uplift themselves from their current state but instead spend their resources on trash that on drives them further into society's hell hole. No I have no sympathy. In 2012 with the internet, libraries, book stores....information is almost too easy to access. In the 50's and 60's it was different. I have no sympathy anymore. If you choose to remain brainwashed, uncivilized, and uncultured that is your own fault! You choose to ignore the library and instead go over Ray Ray's house smoke weed and make babies...thats your own fault. Not elitist at all just brutally honest!
You are still being very judgemental because you are presuming I smoke weed and breed babies by multiple men simply because I am African American.

Not only that, but you also presumed that I didn't know that there were Black people from other parts of the world because I referred to myself as a Black woman.

You are just spewing a bunch of prejudiced stereotypes at me and you don't know anything about me.

Quote:
If you choose to remain brainwashed, uncivilized, and uncultured that is your own fault!
You are nothing but a racist white man trapped in a Black man's body. You sound like those old, racist bigots from the south. Just parroting everything the White man says about you.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen2323 View Post
I think it's notable to mention that Jay-z is a fairly light complected black man himself. Jayz and beyonce are less than one color shade apart from one another. Lauryn Hill was with and had her children with Rohan Marley who is Bob Marleys son. Bob Marley was half white and Rohan is also a light complected black man who is even lighter complected than his father was. Much lighter than lauryn hill who is somewhat dark skinned.

Why is it when black women are single, it immediately comes down to race? I think black women who place there relationship issues on being black are not being real with themselves. It certainly isn't because they are black that they are single. Some of them have obvious personal issues like being overweight, bad attitude, past relationships issues that resulted in them already having a kid/kids but no father, etc. And others just aren't willing to accept what kind of guy that they truly deserve. They want better, but better doesn't want them.

We have to also remember that many blacks, both men and women are multicultural. Even though in america we don't acknowledge this for some reason. I know many light complected black men who preferred to marry and have kids with similarly light complected women. Which makes since to me to want a family and kids who have similar features to yourself.
I really don't have any issues with who a person decides to mate with. That's an individual decision. I simply provided the OP with information on colorism as it relates to black males.

I have elected not to answer the above questions, because it's off the topic.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
You are still being very judgemental because you are presuming I smoke weed and breed babies by multiple men simply because I am African American.

Not only that, but you also presumed that I didn't know that there were Black people from other parts of the world because I referred to myself as a Black woman.

You are just spewing a bunch of prejudiced stereotypes at me and you don't know anything about me.

You are nothing but a racist white man trapped in a Black man's body. You sound like those old, racist bigots from the south. Just parroting everything the White man says about you.
Colorism is akin to racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago