Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 09:39 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,876,504 times

Advertisements

Blue states do indeed seem to pay high taxes, but that is apparently as the red states don't pull their weight and instead freeload off of the blue ones:

Most Red States Take More Money From Washington Than They Put In | Mother Jones
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 09:51 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,346,203 times
Default Hard not to laugh (or cry) that some folks DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERNCE BETWEEN FEDERAL AND LOCAL / STATE TAXES!!!!

Folks that don't understand things so basic are likely the same rocket scientists that continue to elect incompetents to all levels of political office...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
Blue states do indeed seem to pay high taxes, but that is apparently as the red states don't pull their weight and instead freeload off of the blue ones:

Most Red States Take More Money From Washington Than They Put In | Mother Jones

Old 10-02-2012, 10:17 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,205,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
LOL Republican??? In Chicago??? That's a hoot!!!
Exactly my point. That's why he's a DINO and not a Republican.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:21 PM

4,675 posts, read 7,398,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
I am REALLY loving this thread.
Its making me laugh so hard and its true.
The Fall of Chicago is coming.
I have my own plans to take a piece of the Chicago Pie
but i cant share it with anyone cause then Rahmbo will get all defensive and do everything possible to prevent me from getting my hands on this great piece of Chicago pie.
oh and guess what?
Another MAJOR business leaves the land of illness and corruption. Illinois Manufacturer Moving to South Bend - Newsroom - Inside INdiana Business with Gerry Dick
That tax hike is sure working out for Illinois. Thanks for helping Indiana grow
lol in the animal kingdom, they have a name for organisms like you: a leech.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:22 PM

Default Oh dear sweet life!!! What planet is this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
Exactly my point. That's why he's a DINO and not a Republican.
Rahm served TWO Democrat Presidents, Clinton's Sr. Advisor and Obama's CHIEF OF STAFF, he was ELECTED TO CONGRESS from Chicago, served as Chair of the Democratic Campaign Committee where he played A PIVOTAL ROLE in getting EVEN MORE DEMOCRATS elected to help PASS NANCY PELOSI'S agenda as he was elected to LEAD the Democratic Caucus. THAT MAKES HIM about as reliable a HARD CORE DEMOCRAT as one could ever imagine!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahm_Emanuel

Old 10-02-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
They don't have to say yes to the Teachers Union. I work for the BOE (not a teacher) and when the teachers strike, the leaders all have the option of telling them to take a hike and hire new teachers if they want. But they don't. And it is not because of the Chicago Teachers Union but because they know that they cannot hire QUALIFIED teachers that want to teach in the dirty, dingy and dangerous schools in the city if they pay less. The best teachers will leave for the suburbs or even other metros if they cut the pay and benefits.
Bingo.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
UM, HELL Fing OOO -- Rahm served TWO Democrat Presidents, Clinton's Sr. Advisor and Obama's CHIEF OF STAFF
Exactly. Clinton governed from the center-right. Obama has been further to the right than Reagan, Nixon, and Eisenhower. Rahm is to the right of all of them. He has done nothing but attempt to privatize every public asset since taking office, and is clearly out to serve the wealthy and no one else. All the unnecessary obnoxious red fonts and broken caps lock keys in the world don't change the facts.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
Rahm served TWO Democrat Presidents, Clinton's Sr. Advisor and Obama's CHIEF OF STAFF, he was ELECTED TO CONGRESS from Chicago, served as Chair of the Democratic Campaign Committee where he played A PIVOTAL ROLE in getting EVEN MORE DEMOCRATS elected to help PASS NANCY PELOSI'S agenda as he was elected to LEAD the Democratic Caucus. THAT MAKES HIM about as reliable a HARD CORE DEMOCRAT as one could ever imagine!!!

Rahm Emanuel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Oh gee, a wikipedia link! So informative. Don't you have some hipsters to rail against somewhere, Captain Caps Lock?

Old 10-02-2012, 10:37 PM

Default The NAME-O of the Illinois Democratic Party ought to simply be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
Bingo.
...the PAID LAP DOGS OF THE ILLINOIS TEACHER'S UNIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
They don't have to say yes to the Teachers Union. I work for the BOE (not a teacher) and when the teachers strike, the leaders all have the option of telling them to take a hike and hire new teachers if they want. But they don't. And it is not because of the Chicago Teachers Union but because they know that they cannot hire QUALIFIED teachers that want to teach in the dirty, dingy and dangerous schools in the city if they pay less. The best teachers will leave for the suburbs or even other metros if they cut the pay and benefits.
UTTER NONSENSE!

Any fool that works for the BOE Central Office and sticks their head in the sand as to the reality of the whole enterprise has COMPLETELY BEEN SUCKED IN TO THE FICTION that the CTU is anything other than a branch of the ILLINOIS DEMOCRATIC PARTY !

Old 10-02-2012, 10:42 PM

Ever notice how it's always people from the burbs, Indiana, and Iowa who come to the Chicago forum to tell us how horrible Chicago is? Those of us who are actually here are doing just fine. Are the forums for the places where you all live just not interesting enough for you?

And Chet, I didn't even read your last post, and won't until you stop "yelling" with the caps lock, bold, and red font. Those things don't make your arguments any less ridiculous. I'm guessing most others gave up on reading them long before I did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago