Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 06:55 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,336,436 times

Advertisements

No problem Deechee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 05:40 AM

863 posts, read 2,785,460 times
That was actually kinda funny.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:49 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,103,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
Sounds good to me. What neighborhoods and suburbs can we shovel "riff-raffy" people off to? I live in Uptown, so we'll need a really big shovel.

I see your point, but in a country where white people are a majority, it's usually a bad sign when they avoid a real estate situation with a conveneint lakefront location and housing stock like South Shore. There's a reason that South Shore is avoided by the white majority, and it goes far beyond racism.
Nice tap dance around the race card

Old 04-14-2011, 06:10 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,103,067 times
[quote=tonythetuna;18704759]Yet another reason this area sucks the big one:

"A person was killed and four others — including an 8-year-old and 10-year-old — were shot Tuesday night during a memorial for a teen on the Southeast Side, officials said.

The group was shot about 9 p.m. near East 79th Street and South Escanaba Avenue, said Fire Media Affairs spokesman Will Knight."

and to think i always try to back up diversity- granted its a small percentage of the population

these random acts of violance arent getting any better.

Why not bring the national guard in and round these gang members up at least show them something.

This type of news is what makes everyone so pissed off at diversity

Lock these animals up who commit the crimes and throw the keys far and away

Old 04-14-2011, 07:47 AM

70 posts, read 153,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeINIL View Post
That is preposterous and alarmist. A white person living in South Shore would be in no more danger than his/her black neighbors. I find it offensive that people are willing to blow this guy off as a troll because he's looking to move to a "bad" (read: black) area.

Having actually been in and around that area often (just this past weekend, as a matter of fact), I can tell the OP that it is not the best area he could live in, but it's not anywhere near "the worst of the worst". There is a major train line (Metra Electric) very close that goes downtown. There is not much in the way of shopping and eating in the immediate vicinity.
Welcome to a forum that is 90% north siders. They will tell anyone that the south side is terrible and that they should stay with places like Andersonville, Roscoe Village, Lakeview, Lincoln Square etc. If it is ever gonna become like the north side, somebody gotta move in to the neighborhood.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:07 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian45919 View Post
Welcome to a forum that is 90% north siders. They will tell anyone that the south side is terrible and that they should stay with places like Andersonville, Roscoe Village, Lakeview, Lincoln Square etc.

Yeah, well despite all that South Shore IS all buggered up.

I think the city should run an El line down through Hyde Park and South Shore and then down to the East Side. That might shake things up. But the city lacks both the vision and (more importantly) the money.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian45919 View Post
Welcome to a forum that is 90% north siders. They will tell anyone that the south side is terrible and that they should stay with places like Andersonville, Roscoe Village, Lakeview, Lincoln Square etc. If it is ever gonna become like the north side, somebody gotta move in to the neighborhood.
You know the southside is in trouble when south and southwest suburbanites are moving to places like Roscoe Village and Lincoln Square. They are all over the northside now. I have met and talked to many over the years.

Why don't you hold southsiders like Jesse Jackson, Mayor Daley, and Obama accountable for not bringing the southside out of the mire? Don't blame native north of Madison people or transplants for not wanting to get shot,robbed, or raped on the south side.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:30 PM

863 posts, read 2,785,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
They are all over the northside now. I have met and talked to many over the years.
Well, there ya go. No need for a poll or facts. Aven...oops, tony's got all the numbers for us.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeINIL View Post
No need for a poll or facts.
As if the polls on here are really scientific or accurate.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:06 PM

1,966 posts, read 6,076,609 times
I was just commenting today how many former northsiders bought houses nearby me in beverly. It is a long list, seems to be an increasingly popular destination for families who run out of space in tighter parts of the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago