Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 11:26 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,260,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knitgirl View Post
You're an idiot.
+1000
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 12:28 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,446,641 times
Blue line is most dangerous. Highest probably of derailment.

Old 11-28-2015, 12:39 PM

2,694 posts, read 3,188,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete6032 View Post
Blue line is most dangerous. Highest probably of derailment.

Old 11-28-2015, 02:28 PM

25 posts, read 42,725 times
Blue line isn't that bad, I've only been murdered 3 times on it.

Old 11-28-2015, 03:14 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,425,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I just took the Blue Line to get to O'Hare to visit my family over Thanksgiving. I was on there at 3am (had a red eye 6am flight). It was fine. The thing about the Blue Line is that there are always people on there going to/from the airport, and it doesn't really go through any bad neighborhoods. If you're really worried, just sit in the very front train.
The Forest Park branch west of Medical Center can be pretty dumpy sketch. I took it to and from UIC during some off hours and never really saw anything sketchy but never went west of Med Center.

To answer the rather lame question I'd say the Green Line. It goes through a lot of sketch areas on both the West and South sides. However all the trains have cameras and there are cameras throughout the adjacent property. A criminal would be very stupid to try anthing on the CTA.

Evanston is not one of the most dangerous subburbs. Probably not even on the list. There are certain parts that are not desirable but nothing compared to Harvey or Maywood.

Old 11-28-2015, 04:22 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,586,016 times
The most dangerous line is this - the one that you get robbed, fall off the tracks, onto the 3rd rail, get robbed, jacked, killed, stolen, mugged, hit in the head, drop your cell phone and then step on the track to get it, have your i-pod on your ear and don't hear the CTA train about to hit you - no wait, thats Metra, and so if you experience any of these incidents, then that CTA train line is the most dangerous for you.

Old 11-28-2015, 05:11 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,915,941 times
I've been on the O'Hare blue line leg at just about every hour of the day - never had anything happen on any car to me or anyone else.

Old 11-29-2015, 07:19 AM

1,769 posts, read 2,104,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David2300 View Post
I know this is a stupid question, but I'm just wondering. I suppose the Yellow/Purple are the least dangerous, but, you never know, as Evanston is one of the more dangerous suburbs of Chicago. I would know, as I live in Evanston all my life, and have seen my share of property crime but no shootings.

I might need to ride the Blue Line to O'Hare and take a plane to Toronto but the plane leaves at 9:30 PM and I have no car. I need to know how dangerous the O'Hare Blue Line is and if I need to maybe take Metra NCS to avoid the crime.

Thanks!!!!
Isn't there several contradictions here?

You acknowledge Evanston is the more dangerous suburb, but presume the Yellow/Purple Line as the most safe.

Although there's probably a lot of South suburbs that are more dangerous than Evanston, if you just compared Evanston with the North suburbs (Lincolnwood, Skokie), then I guess his post isn't that off.

I've ridden the Blue Line for semesters going to Belmont/Kimball to Northeastern, and haven't had any problems.

Then again, I've ridden the Red Line South side at least twice a day when I lived down there, including at night, and haven't had any problems either.

Old 11-29-2015, 02:43 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,343,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David2300 View Post
I know this is a stupid question...
Yup. End thread.

Seriously, the chances of you being the victim of a crime on the CTA is crazy slim, especially on one of the most traveled lines in the city. If you're scared of riding the blue line to O'Hare, then you may as well just skip public transportation and take a cab/Uber (though careful, some of these drivers are kind of dangerous! . Better off just walking or hailing a dog sled...).

Old 11-29-2015, 03:47 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,260,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Yup. End thread.

Seriously, the chances of you being the victim of a crime on the CTA is crazy slim, especially on one of the most traveled lines in the city. If you're scared of riding the blue line to O'Hare, then you may as well just skip public transportation and take a cab/Uber (though careful, some of these drivers are kind of dangerous! . Better off just walking or hailing a dog sled...).
Better yet, a horse and buggy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago