Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 07:47 AM

11,975 posts, read 31,799,921 times

Advertisements

I'd put money on the CN standing for "Cable Network"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 07:50 AM

15 posts, read 76,608 times
In the cable industry, the acronym RCN stands for Regional Cable Network.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:30 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,389,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty9 View Post
In the cable industry, the acronym RCN stands for Regional Cable Network.
Cable/telecom is an alphabet soup. You'll get lost in that nonsense.

RCN's Contact info (from RCN.com)

RCN Contact Us

BY US MAIL
196 Van Buren St.
STE 300
Herndon, VA 20170

BY TELEPHONE
General: 1-800-RING-RCN
Billing: 1-877-RCN-BILL
Support: 1-866-TECH-RCN

BY E-MAIL
Sales
Residential
sales@rcn.com
Commercial
commercial@rcn.com

Service & Support
Changes to Service
servicechangehelp@rcn.com
Dial-Up Internet
dialuphelp@rcn.com
(please read)
Cable Modem
cablemodemhelp@rcn.com
(please read)
Cable TV
cabletv@rcn.com
(please read)
Phone
phone@rcn.com
(please read)
Commercial
commercial.service@rcn.com
(please read)
Bundled Services
phone@rcn.com
(please read)

Old 02-19-2008, 01:25 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,320,406 times
Their toll-free customer service number is 1-800-RING-RCN, if that helps.

FWIW, I've had RCN cable for over a year now and am very happy with it. In my case, they wired the entire building where I live and it's now included in my rent (Full Basic -- 80 channels -- plus Music Choice) so I just had to dump Comcast.

I've never subscribed to RCN phone or internet, so I can't speak to that. But their cable is great, IMHO.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:33 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoro View Post
Calling information and asking for rcn really doesn't get one anywhere. Tried 3 times. Hence why I needed the full name.
Help me understand why you're calling Information when their contact information, including their phone number, is right there on their web page which you smarmily informed me you've already been to, or at least thought of going to.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:46 PM

391 posts, read 1,303,542 times
Show me where I've said I've been there or said I was even able to go there. Never expected you to be one of those people that make crap up.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:54 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,621,939 times
Quote:
Calling information and asking for rcn really doesn't get one anywhere. Tried 3 times. Hence why I needed the full name.
Dude,you need a phone book. I have an extra one, do you want it?

Old 02-19-2008, 09:46 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,464,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Dude,you need a phone book. I have an extra one, do you want it?
Be sure to whack him and Paris Hilton's Cal City cocktail buddy in the head with it while you're at it. We've been getting some real doozies on here lately

Old 02-19-2008, 10:05 PM

1,006 posts, read 1,556,448 times
Good luck w/RCN. I've had them since late June. I live in a large building and the cable has to be RCN, so I cancelled my forever AT&T when I moved here and also got high speed cable internet and phone.

My telephone has been out, completely dead three times. Once, for three days. Service tech's came out, couldn't fix the problem. Went up 20 floors to check "risers" and detected no problem. Phone was still out but worse (have a cell phone), the internet...with 2 students during the bad weather period (go to a cafe?) who both use laptops.

Finally, I did speak to a guy (in India) and very politely asked him AT WHAT POINT did he feel it would be "prudent" for me to change my phone and internet to AT&T. The second RCN technician actually advised me to do this - change to AT&T.

The offshore tech said a supervisor would call my cell in the morning, and perhaps it was a problem "with a tower." Definitely language barrier (mine?).

My phone was working the next a.m., so I left things with RCN . For now. I figured I'd give them one more chance. And, I've also heard (and see some postings) that Comcast isn't any better....I never had troublew/AT&T, but never had the high speed internet.

Good luck! I did ask for a supervisor, and when that happened, things moved along a little better.....

Good luck!

Old 02-19-2008, 10:35 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Show me where I've said I've been there or said I was even able to go there. Never expected you to be one of those people that make crap up.
When I suggested it, you gave me attitude about it as if to imply that you at least knew to look there if not had actually been there. So I'm seriously having trouble figuring out what is so difficult about getting their contact info. When I tried to help, you gave me crap. I don't know what else to do or say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: