Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2021, 01:39 PM

2 posts, read 947 times

Advertisements

Anyone have experience living at 525 W Oakdale (Oakdale Terrace) in Lakeview?

Saw a 1 br apartment there Saturday and really liked it and the area. The building (outside and common areas) looked well maintained. The top (5th) floor unit I saw was in great shape. The rent is decent considering the area.

However, I just read reviews and apparently there has been a roach problem at the property for several years. When I brought it up, the new, month-old property manager admitted that they had a problem, and I was told that they've been exterminating 2x a week and haven't received a complaint for at least a month.

Anyone have any experience living here in the past few months to a year that can provide feedback on their unit and/or building conditions? Aside from like 3 reviews from 2020-2021, I can't find much info.

Curious to know how bad it is/how much it's improved there cause, maaaan, the location is everything I need in life. Yet roaches are not worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2021, 01:44 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,553,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc0928 View Post
Anyone have experience living at 525 W Oakdale (Oakdale Terrace) in Lakeview?

Saw a 1 br apartment there Saturday and really liked it and the area. The building (outside and common areas) looked well maintained. The top (5th) floor unit I saw was in great shape. The rent is decent considering the area.

However, I just read reviews and apparently there has been a roach problem at the property for several years. When I brought it up, the new, month-old property manager admitted that they had a problem, and I was told that they've been exterminating 2x a week and haven't received a complaint for at least a month.

Anyone have any experience living here in the past few months to a year that can provide feedback on their unit and/or building conditions? Aside from like 3 reviews from 2020-2021, I can't find much info.

Curious to know how bad it is/how much it's improved there cause, maaaan, the location is everything I need in life. Yet roaches are not worth it.
Roaches are going to be in almost all of the apartment buildings in the city. The first time that I ever saw a roach was in our soon-to-be-gone city apartment in Lake View this winter.

Anyway, there is a social media group called Lakeview News Uncensored where there is a good chance that someone will have specific knowledge of this particular building.

Old 05-10-2021, 03:37 PM

2 posts, read 947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
Roaches are going to be in almost all of the apartment buildings in the city. The first time that I ever saw a roach was in our soon-to-be-gone city apartment in Lake View this winter.

Anyway, there is a social media group called Lakeview News Uncensored where there is a good chance that someone will have specific knowledge of this particular building.

Oh definitely. I can deal with a couple here and there. I'm more so concerned about an infestation issue. But thanks for suggesting the group. I begrudgingly had to make a facebook account lol, but it's turning out to be worth it. I'm getting replies.

Old 05-10-2021, 04:39 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
Hi - i was looking at the Planned Property website, the have a lot of buildings near there. You might do better with them. I was going to try to rent from them, but i decided on the suburbs. I'd go check them out instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago